Dj's United

Db Basic 400 And Db Sub 05

DB Basic can be purchased from Here

Hi

I am looking for some advice on powered speakers

I am looking to buy some new powered speakers and I've seen the db Basic 400 and db sub 05, I have never bought any powered speakers before and was wondering if they are good

many thanks

Pete

Hi

I am looking to buy some new powered speakers and I've seen the db Basic 400 and db sub 05, I have never bought any powered speakers before and was wondering if they are good

many thanks

Pete

i have db 405's with a 41.5 sub this gives me about 1000 watts. sound is nice and clear and i've never had to push them hard. volumes at half on then tops and 10 to the hour on the sub. get some bags as i've a few scratches on them.

keith

Hi

many thanks

Pete

I use a sub 05 and a pair of opera 210's. The sub is awesome - shakes the whole room - and easy to carry. It has a stereo crossover built in or you can just go parallel. I paid around £650 for the lot with a 2 year warranty.

thanks motherwell and alicat for your help, to link the speakers with the mixer do you go into the sub first then the tops.

I think I am going to go for those speakers, when I looked at them at the showroom they sounded good and very light to carry.

many thanks

Pete

thanks motherwell and alicat for your help, to link the speakers with the mixer do you go into the sub first then the tops.

I think I am going to go for those speakers, when I looked at them at the showroom they sounded good and very light to carry.

many thanks

Pete

yes cable into mixer then to subs up to tops.

• 1 month later...

I have finally bought a pair of db basic 400, not got a sub yet will get that in a month

what is ther best way to connect the speakers to a mixer is it best to use the jack input or can I use a xlr lead or is that only if you want to use a mic on the speakers what would sound the better out of the 2

many thanks

Pete

use the xlr as it is a balanced signal. i wouldnt use the mic input on a powered cab unless it was just for some very basic speech as there is no tonal control as there is through a mixer.

use the xlr as it is a balanced signal. i wouldnt use the mic input on a powered cab unless it was just for some very basic speech as there is no tonal control as there is through a mixer.

thanks wendyice so go from the xlr on the back of the mixer to the xlr on the speakers or use phono from the mixer to the xlr on the speakers

many thanks

pete

xlr to xlr

Jim

Hi Jim

i've done xlr to xlr sound is really good, on the back on the speaker I have a limiter - protection is the light meant to be on like the power light all the time or does it only come on if the limiter kicks in to protect the speaker

many thanks

Pete

Usually they should only come on momentarily when it is clipping.

If it is on all the time you are driving it too hard, maybe you have the mixer on too high, try lowering the mixer and increasing the volume on the amp.

Jim

• 4 months later...

I am having the same problem, with me speaker. The limiter light wont go off even if there is not signal through the unit! Any ideas?

Is it still working, ie is sound coming out of it?

On the sub 05 there is a fuse holder which works loose and puts the unit into protect mode.

Yeah its still working!!! Just at a lower volume i think.

Where is the fuse holder?

Its internal. BE CAREFUL.There is mains on the board, so disconnect from the mains prior to opening it up.

Check the cab by running it alone to see if its working before dabling.