Dj's United

Scanners, Or Impossibled...?

Hello!

I'm looking to buy some new lights, and i have decided on some scanners, and a centerpiece (Acme Impossibled) to accompany my 2 Magic Gobos.

Now, i'm going be selling 2 lights on ebay;

- Acme Fiesta

- Geni Mojo Spinmaster 1

With the money from them, i'd like to buy a goalpost stand, as my t-bar is very weak.

When i have used the money on the stand, i'll be saving for lights.

So, which would you buy first? The 4 dynamos (£340) or the Impossibled (£130ish)?

Thanks,

Ollie J

I'd personally buy the dynamo's first, but I don't really like the led stuff

Me neither.. Jeff Wall is selling his Impossibled`s as he has grown up and going discharge lamps... pm him to see if he still has them x 2..

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

Get the impossibled. It has a good spread of the light for the money.

I have the Dynamos too and they are great and i would recommend them, though there are other good scanners for not much more. I would also recommend LED Par 64's. Versitile and cheap, for uplighting, mood lighting and floor filling.

PS. If anyone has any of the cheap Stairville LED Par 64's they want to sell, i'm in the market for a couple more, maybe even 4.

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I was thinking about getting the Impossibled as i know it covers a large area, but by having the scanners, the lighting stand would look a bit fuller.

However the price gap is pretty big!

I'll wait for more replies, until i make a decision.

Thanks for your input!

Ollie J

we have both the dynamos and the impossiled,if i could only put up one or the other it would be the impossiled using a ca 8 controller,gives a lot better lightshow on the dancefloor

I have the Impossibled, marveled and some led boogies, I must admit I preferred my 6 old colourscan scanners for the effects and spread. They were too heavy though that's why I upgraded.

1 Impossibled or Marveled has a better coverage than a single scanner though.

Jim

I'd go for an ImpossibLED! Cheaper, has great coverage, can be aimed at the floor (or ceiling would look quite good too), and I was impressed when I saw one the other week!

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]