Dj's United

Creative Soundblaster Soundcard

Anyone here have a Creative Soundblaster CONNECT external soundcard? I bought one to use to test my laptop with my mixer and speakers but when its plugged in charging there is static noise coming through the speakers... Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Robert

Anyone here have a Creative Soundblaster CONNECT external soundcard? I bought one to use to test my laptop with my mixer and speakers but when its plugged in charging there is static noise coming through the speakers... Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Robert

If the unwanted noise is only audible when the domestic laptop is running on its mains power supply, but disappears when the laptop is running on its battery, then it's exactly what Partyprint said. You'll need to add a ground loop isolator into your setup.

If the sound persists, or at least, doesnt change in its severity/level regardless of the laptop being run on battery or mains, it's probably something else. Check the laptop settings associated with the sound card. One common benefit is to MUTE all the channels on your sound card (especially the mic channel) except for the one, or ones, that you're actually using for the laptop. (this can help to cut down on background noise)

Thanks for the replies... I have ordered a ground loop isolator from djstore along with a few other stuff, arrives tomorrow. The noise is only there when its on charge... when running on battery it disappears so hopefully the isolator will fix it :D

Robert

I have the SoundBlaster Connect USB and don't get this problem - although the system its used with is only grounded at the power amplifier (the laptop only has a 2 pin telefunken(?) input, as does the mixer/cd player)

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]