Dj's United

Hi all,

Last year I borrowed a pair of Peavey hisys 2 RX speakers

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/295185170_iUbGw-L-0.jpg

I was blown away by how loud they were and by how clear they were at high volume.

These seem to be quite hard to track down though, I take it they are no longer in production? Are there other models that sound on par or better to the Hisys 2 RX in the same price bracket?

They repplaced them with the Impulse series - but the Impulse are not a match for them, filled with little Japanese components i am led to believe.

THey now have the new speakers that are loaded with the 15inch Scorpion Driver and they are imported direct from the USA and they are absolutely awesome - check out the Peavey website or pop along to you're nearest Peavey dealer - trust me the Scorpions sound beautiful.

Thanks

Chris

thanks for that i'll check them out

I've been told that Messenger UL15 are perhaps using the same driver and components but in a different case?

That sounds more likely.

The Impulse series are not directly comparable since they're made of ABS whereas the others are wood based ( might be MDF, chipboard or plywood I'm not sure ) and carpet covered.

I love peavey I have a 16k peavey rig and it sounds awsome.Pitty theres not more large venues where i can use it or people willing to pay the going rate :( to hire it