Dj's United

We are starting out and would like to use computer dj equipment not laptop based. We have looked at the reviews online of cortex 1000 and numark d2 does anyone have these or something similar. We are also unsure as to what mixer to buy. All replies would be greatly appreciated :joe:

We are starting out and would like to use computer dj equipment not laptop based. We have looked at the reviews online of cortex 1000 and numark d2 does anyone have these or something similar. We are also unsure as to what mixer to buy. All replies would be greatly appreciated :joe:

Geoff, there are hundreds, no thousands of posts on here about your question. There is no definitive answer, you'll get lots of individual perspectives on this subject. Try searching and have a look at all the posts to try to funnel and filter your options, then go to a store and try equipment. Because finaly it will come down to you to write the cheque, happy surfing.

I once read about the evils of heavy drinking ................ so I've stopped reading

COPYWIGHT: Elmer Fudd 1956, All wights wesewved.

I have a D2 and the various firmware upgrades since it came out have made it a good machine.

The price has come down but, it's about to be replaced with the much more expensive DDS80 which has a built-in hard drive plus a DVD-ROM drive.

Cortex prices have come right down and the HDC3000, which has cerain features the D2 doesn't have, is now at a comparable price.

A number of bugs were reported with the Cortex models at first but, since then, I have seen good reports on them.

Always try before you buy - you may not like 'our' suggestions! tongue out icon

Given the new licences due, don't ignore the law, be aware that whatever you buy now....further costs are due depending on the type of work you will choose to cover. smile icon

Other advice

The forum has an area here devoted to Marketing & Business Matters.

There are also useful links in the Getting Started area here you may find useful.

For practical advice for business, visit the www.businesslink.gov web site for handy information.

If you meet the association entry criteria, the new WeddingDJA passes client enquiries direct to the DJs (sent to your email account!) enquiries for the areas you cover, allowing you to quote your service.

UK-Disco is another online based site which, depending on your membership level, allows you to log-on and read enquiries which you can reply to.

If you don't have a website, have a look herefor ideas.

hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks we have gone with cortex 1000 and downloaded the update, fabulous piece of equipment and learning how to use it :joe: This forum is so interesting and informative, once again thank you.

Many thanks we have gone with cortex 1000 and downloaded the update, fabulous piece of equipment and learning how to use it :joe: This forum is so interesting and informative, once again thank you.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

I plumped for Denon HD2500 + X500 and have zero regrets about doing so. Not cheap at just over a grand but well worth it.