Dj's United

Does anyone know of where to get a Karaoke softwear plus tracks included and ready to go??

idealy Sunfly, EK, CK, Ect.

As I have the laptop and the ground loop but no program or Tracks, I use to use CDG's but like an idiot sold them :( and Id rather use a laptop for the karaoke side of things because there is limited room for me to set up.

I also assume I will need a digital DJ licence??

Thanks Richard

Chalet to let - PM me for details!! see here: www.freewebs.com/eastchalet

Could you put a price on it - 200 tracks, 2,000 tracks, 20,000 tracks? Sorry, answer is no it doesn't exist.

Edited by dj.silver

I once read about the evils of heavy drinking ................ so I've stopped reading

COPYWIGHT: Elmer Fudd 1956, All wights wesewved.

Does anyone know of where to get a Karaoke softwear plus tracks included and ready to go??

As I have the laptop and the ground loop but no program or Tracks, I use to use CDG's but like an idiot sold them :( and Id rather use a laptop for the karaoke side of things because there is limited room for me to set up.

Thanks Richard

Maybe you could be a bit more specific?

Becacuse if your asking for what I think your asking for, it does not sound legal......so Digital DJ licence or not, it cant be done.

Nick

Maybe you could be a bit more specific?

Becacuse if your asking for what I think your asking for, it does not sound legal......so Digital DJ licence or not, it cant be done.

Nick

A similar idea is that Vanbasco's karaoke rubbish but looking to have sunfly tracks ect.

Richard.

Im looking for the same idea as that Vambascos karaoke programme bit with Sunfly,EK,CK, on it instead of the rubbish piano/electric organ idea.

Thanks Richard

Ok heres how it works.....

You purchase a Sunfly (or other) CDG Disc....

You then rip the CDG disc onto the laptop as a MP3+G......

You can then use a dedicated Karaoke Hoster which you can purchase for your laptop.......

Is that what you mean?

Thanks Richard

It may 'depend'! If you have no CD+G discs and decided to down-load mp3+G tracks from legit company's directly to your play-back device, then you may not need a licence after all!

It has been stated that downloading a track from a legit source is no different than buying a CD off the shelf.

There are programs that will playback mp3+G files, PCDJ Karaoke seems popular but I believe OTS can do it too.

Talking about licenses, with the new licence, it has been suggested that you will have to register as 'exempt' from having to have a licence.....a bit like having to tell British Gas that you dont have gas as a utility or require their service, but you still register your details with them anyway, I kid you not!

It may 'depend'! If you have no CD+G discs and decided to down-load mp3+G tracks from legit company's directly to your play-back device, then you may not need a licence after all!

It has been stated that downloading a track from a legit source is no different than buying a CD off the shelf.

There are programs that will playback mp3+G files, PCDJ Karaoke seems popular but I believe OTS can do it too.

Talking about licenses, with the new licence, it has been suggested that you will have to register as 'exempt' from having to have a licence.....a bit like having to tell British Gas that you dont have gas as a utility or require their service, but you still register your details with them anyway, I kid you not!

Arr right I see, so basicly need original disks or pay from a legal download site just like you would to create a Music CD for a Disco??

I was under the impression that the backing tracks came with the softwear.

Thanks Richard

Arr right I see, so basicly need original disks or pay from a legal download site just like you would to create a Music CD for a Disco??

I was under the impression that the backing tracks came with the softwear.

Thanks Richard

Here's another example!

The licenses required are in respect of 'format shifting'. If you download a track (music or karaoke track) from a legit website to a PC but then move the download track to another PC or laptop, licence required (dub licence).

If you buy a CD (karaoke or music) and copy it to mini disc or CD-R, or 'rip' to a digital file format, you've 'format shifted' and the same applies.

So if you copy your purchased music to keep the original safe, using only the copy, if you perform in public, you'll be required to purchase the licence.

If you intend to use only at Private Functions, i.e. a Wedding, then you will be required to register to be exempt. The licence is scheduled to come into force in July.

That's the outline, it gets complicated.

Hope this helps.