Dj's United

Hi Guys,

I have designed a few adverts ( saved in jpeg format ) which i want to have playing on the screens in the pub when either know ones singing or so forth,

Is there a bit of software that i can add jpeg files to and then save as a cdg so i can play it on PCDJ with the karaoke plugin?

Any advice would be brill

cheers chaps ( and chappesess)

You can only use bitmaps and then only very simple ones on cdg's.

Your best option is probably to use a different karaoke software that allows you to place your ad's on screen from within the program.

Educating the young in the ways of the old

Hi Guys,

I have designed a few adverts ( saved in jpeg format ) which i want to have playing on the screens in the pub when either know ones singing or so forth,

Is there a bit of software that i can add jpeg files to and then save as a cdg so i can play it on PCDJ with the karaoke plugin?

Hi,

CDG does not allow for any decent graphics, and turning a JPG into the graphical part of CDG won't be very good.

I assume PCDJ allows MPG/AVI files? If so, you could probably create something a bit more eye catching using a simple video editor.

If you're on WindowsXP/Vista, there is the built-in "Windows Movie Maker" - I think this allows adding JPG/Still images, so add a few with some transitions and it will look much better than CD+G.

Linux and Mac will certainly have their own versions.

If you really need CD+G, there are software tools to author these, something like;

http://www.karaoke-software.net/karaoke-cdg-author.html

(there may be free editors, but this one looks fairly easy to use)

This will work - but you'll be limited by the CD+G format for graphics.

Hope this helps!

Jason

Hi Guys,

If you use virtual dj you have the option to use a bitmap image to show between karaoke and this fade in automatically on a slider.

Paul

i have made movies on vista and put them on disc dvd or cd.

they look pretty good as well.

dead easy in vista loads of transitions and you cab use pics or your own graphics.

i have a few made for different venues i do.

• 4 weeks later...

PCDJ Doesnt play avi/mpeg files

Ive been looking at virtual DJ and that seems to do what i need, but im used to PCDJ and unsure on the sability of virtual dj.

Dart software allows you to make CDG discs but as people have said the quality for graphics is low.

swift elite plays almost all formats but needs a pretty top notch PC

Club DJ pro isnt bad and can play those formats

Edited by enquirer
Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Hi, I use swift elite and have to say it hasnt let me down in anyway what so ever. I bought swift 4 a few weeks ago and Ive gone back to swift 3 as I couldnt get on with 4 for some reason...

stu

Howay the lads

Startrax

www.toon-talk.co.uk

I thought you could use the KJ plugin of PCDJ to display an image between singers, I'm sure that they guy at DJ Show North demo'd that bit to me last year. but then again I've slept since then so could have dreamt it.

Jase

Yes you can jase - but i would then need to change the background to change to image.

Its a shame the pcdj plugin doesnt support avi files.

I guess Virtual DJ is a option?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I use otsAV DJ - this software does what you want, you can specify a folder with 1 or more jpeg and the program will display them like a slideshow in between video or karaoke. Also you have a ticker tape that you can use that scrolls across the bottom of the screen for announcing singer names and so on. DOwnside I find of this software is that cd+g must be converted to its own internal format and the song search facility is not as good as pcdj (eg not so easy to search on year or part of albumn names , but I think the sound configuration and control is better in otsav compared to pcdj (red).