Dj's United

Hi all will have my first disco on friday night so how do i start & end the night eg what to say

also what music to play for a 13 old birthday girl hope you can help me thank'

smithy

:rolleyes:

Hi all will have my first disco on friday night so how do i start & end the night eg what to say

smithy

Did one a few weeks ago. Loads of up to date chart. One republic, scouting for girls, cascada, flo rida, then party dances YMCA cha cha slide etc etc. I finished with rock star.

Happy birthday is a good start, I just keep em motivated and encourage them to do the dances

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

smithy

OK - interesting question. Have a good look around the Knowledgebase and the Getting started area for tips if this is your first gig.

At the end of the day, be yourself and wear a smile! Don't over-try!!!

OK - interesting question. Have a good look around the Knowledgebase and the Getting started area for tips if this is your first gig.

At the end of the day, be yourself and wear a smile! Don't over-try!!!

Be very prepared for the old party classics. The last 13th I did wanted the Grease megamix, Cha Cha slide, ops up side your head, YMCA, 5,6,7,8 and so on.

You might find they're not too old for High School Musical as well, especially if little sisters are around. :ads:

What is the most popular HSM track requested?

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

I've only ever been asked once for any HSM track, and that was by a 6 year old. I don't own anything from that and have no intentions of changing.

The above advice is good - chart material from the last couple of years, but take along the oldies as well. Darude's Sandstorm seems to be asked for quite a bit, as well as some classic rock such as 'Living On A Prayer'. "RnB" or urban style music will probably make up the bulk of the music, as clubland type stuff doesn't usually work too well with this age group.

Party classics such as Saturday Night, Macarena, YMCA, Cha Cha Slide, Grease Megamix, possibly Timewarp, but spread them evenly through the evening. You may even get asked for Dr Jones of Barbie Girl. Good fun tracks, and good to play.

Finally have fun, and don't worry about it too much. Go through your music AND LIST DOWN ALL PLAYABLE MATERIAL, and choose music from this list on the night. If you don't do this, you'll be panicing for the next track within half an hour. Prepare yourself - I can't stress this enough - spend a fair bit of time on this. Make the list good for an hour longer than needed, reckoning on 20 tracks per hour, as this will give you room for picking and choosing.

In answer to you initial post, there is no starting track - just start playing the selected material from about 10 minutes befoer the start time. As for the ending, I try to end on a high energy track such as 5678 by Steps or Cotton Eye Joe, but hardly ever on a slowie.

Good luck.

Edited by Andy Westcott

What is the most popular HSM track requested?

In my house, the 24 seconds of silence (inbetween ALL the tracks) :bouncy: