Dj's United

Smaller Speakers For Kids Parties

I have beed doing quite a few kids parties recently and getting fed up carrying my massive speakers to the gigs , does anyone have any advice on a set of small speakers which would suit smallish halls for kids parties.

I was hoping to find something for no more than £160 for the pair?

Cheers

Steve

oohh

Lean Business has a few of the Celstion QXi 012 left. Have a wider frequency response than the Pro sound (go down to 50hz whereas the Pro Sounds go down to 60hz) Also a slightly better SPL (96db compared to Prosound 95db) plus they are a bit cheaper at £180.

On the down side, Celestions are 300w and Prosound are 400w and as they don't say its RMS, I would assume that they are quoting max power so RMS will be about half.

http://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/index...p;products_id=9

I'd spend the budget on one better speaker, do kids appreciate stereo anyway?

(stealing & modifying this question from the Martin Audio thread)...then i'd use it as a monitor on bigger gigs.

Sound - 32 Channel System, 2 x RCF 4Pro 6001 & 4 x RCF TTS18A Subs - 6K RMS Active System

Lights - 4 x Martin Mac 250+, 4 x Assorted LED FX, 6 x 1m LED Pixelpar, 2 x 1500 W Strobes, PC Control

Video - 6x4 to 14x10 ft screens & assorted projectors, plasmas, 10 DV Layers, broadcast cameras.

I reckon the EVsx300s are brilliant for their size and are not too heavy.

Have a look on Ebay. There may be some second hand which would be worth the investment.

Or you could buy some cheap speakers and replace the drivers I suppose?

What about those systems with the 2 smaller satalite speakers and subwoofer? Anybody use those?

ha ha! - You'd only need one then! tongue out icon

No!

I mean something like these!

http://www.djkit.co.uk/images/products/large/XTR500.jpg