Dj's United

7 Year Olds Birthday Tomorrow Help!

guys im doing a birthday party for a 7 year old

i have a coupla of games,

any games are pointers appreciated, but what on earth do i play for them????

Thanks

Dave

High school musical, barbie girl, girls aloud for the girls.. and general Pop for the boys & girls such as

s Club 7 - Reach, macarena, cha cha slide etc.

I did a 5 year old disco yesterday and the birthday boy was mad on Star Wars so i played a few Star wars sound effects and the theme tune,

but i find the ages between 7 - 10 are so unpredictable ... i had a 9 year old ask for Green day and Guns n roses last week!

So be prepared for anything but as long as you take the basic pop classics it should be fine.

Games - Musical Bumps/Musical Statues, another game which always goes down well is shark island.

And the obvious classic (which lasts around 15 minutes and eats up the time :joe: is the disco dancing competition).

oohh

I did a 10yr old party a few weeks ago..

The girl wanted lots of High School Musical, and there was a lad who wanted "better" stuff (Killers in his case)

It will be fun - I've got a 12yr olds birthday tomorrow today.. But they are more picky..

RnB, Hip Hop, and others...

However, they have some pre-arranged party games, and I'll be doing the "toilet roll" game .

7yrs will be easy - the will be listening the Radio 1 in the mornings on the way to school with their mum (stereotyping here...).

This means the last few NOW CD's, hopefully you'll have "Ting Tings" and "Rolex", and it will be a fun gig.

During any games, play some "way out stuff" ;-) So you don't use up any modern tracks - they won't be listening anyway!

As a guide, my 8yr old loves Jacko, Killers, Razorlight, and most things - kids are much more aware of music than I was a their age..

Please post back on how you go on!

(I'll be posting mine!)

Jason

This means the last few NOW CD's, hopefully you'll have "Ting Tings" and "Rolex", and it will be a fun gig.

As a guide, my 8yr old loves Jacko, Killers, Razorlight, and most things - kids are much more aware of music than I was a their age..

I was quite surprised I wasn't asked for Wiley/Rolex last night (some of the kids looked through the cd collection, and its on mastermix 95). I was asked for 4 minutes by Madonna, which is err 4 minutes.. Lucky I had that with me last night.

Was asked for some stuff that I didn't have, and one lad requested Bob teh Builder - can we fix it, and got him to promise dance to it when it was on. When it was put on, he ran off out the room, and was chase by about 6 other kids forcing him to dance to it :D

Cha Cha Slide - most know this. Macarena - always goes down well too... Surprised I wasn't asked for any High School Musical last night!!!

Just out of question, what track(s) off of HSM do people ask for?

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Just out of question, what track(s) off of HSM do people ask for?

Ones I find most poular at majority kiddie gigs are:

HSM

We're All in This Together

Breaking Free

Get'cha Head In The Game

Stick To The Status Quo

Bop to the Top

HSM 2

All For One

Bet On It

I don't Dance

Everyday

Fabulous

What Time Is It?

You Are The Music In Me

They don't call me Krazy for nothing! Krazy by name - Krazy by nature !!!

Age doesn't matter, unless you're a cabinet!

K K Disco

With regards to High school Musical.. Last year i eally had trouble with High school Muscial as i thought the music was a heap of crap and i did not know which were the popular tracks which the kids loved so i bit the bullet and sat down and watched the 2 films to get a feel...

Being the sad man i am, i actually quite enjoyed the movies...

(i do have an excuse as i have 2 kids!!)

But as soon as you have seen the movies you will know straight away which songs are popular etc..

I have even gone hardcore and purchased the HSM dance mix cd..

oohh