Dj's United

Problem With A Mackie 1501 Sub.

Hi all

Used my trusty Mackie 1501 & 450s combo twice today at two seperate gigs.

Used them at the first gig and everything was working fine all 4 speakers working as they should.

Set up at the second gig and one of the subs does nothing......the powerlight on the rear or on the front will not even light up, wondered if it might be a dodgy power lead, so I tried a spare and the same thing happened.

Appart from them being transported to the second gig, nothing should have gone wrong with them.

Does anyone know of somthing simple that might have gone wrong?

If a driver or the amp had blown, would they still power up and just not function?

Any ideas please?

It was the internal fuse!!!!

Not sure why it went, but its all working perfectly now :D

Why put the fuse internaly though?

Surely they could have a screw in type fuse holder on the outside, instead of having to remove the entire amp and circuit board to get at it!!!

So problem solved.

Because the fuse is primarily designed to prevent further damage if the amp should fail. Replacing the fuse in this case would result in further, possibly irrepairable damage..of course the service engineer would check first for other faults before sticking a new fuse in.

You were lucky! Maybe just a switch-on surge had popped it.

Happened to me a few times, change the internal fuse but also change the external fuse in the plug so that its slightly lower than the internal fuse, saves you opening up the back of the speaker.

Happened to me a few times, change the internal fuse but also change the external fuse in the plug so that its slightly lower than the internal fuse, saves you opening up the back of the speaker.

It now is........the recomended fuse in the sub is a 4 amp.

But because they are longer fuses than normal ones, the only one we had was a 5 amp, so that had to be put in for now. I have some fuses of the correct length and amp size on order.