Dj's United

Weekend 20th - 22nd June 2008

Not seen this topic added for this week - is everyone in StoneHenge celebrating the (wet) Summer Solstice?

I've a surprise 40th tonight, 2 miles away from home, 7:30 start and have access from 4:30, so can take my time over the set-up.

Lots of 80's and 90's requested, and I'm expecting a good fun night.

Jason

Glad nothing booked this weekend.

Been down with the southern hemisphere flu past week.

Had to turn a gig down Fri night last minute call desperate for a DJ.

Weekend in with the wife watching dvd's for me

I've just had a night that I wouldn't want to wish on any other DJ - just so I can keep them for myself :joe:

I'm not a big fan of Hip-Hop so when the bride told me during the planning that she had booked a Hip-Hop Dance Troupe to start the evening off I wasn't exactly inspired.

Before the start I had a chat with their leader who told me that last week in Germany they had beaten 37 other Countries to become World Champions. So I introduced them, pressed play on the CD player and 'Wow' I was gobsmacked. They only did 4 minutes but it was (to use an American phrase) awesome! With 200 guests cheering them on it just had to be the start of a great night and it was.

I'm still trying to work out where the next 5 hours went - I hit them with a bit of everything - Reggae, Ska, RnB, Rock, Hip-Hop, Rock N Roll, Club, Disco, Pop - even Andy Williams & they sang & danced through it all. This was truly a celebration for a lovely couple and one of those nights that came to an end all too soon.

As for Hip-Hop, well I wouldn't say I'm now a big fan, but tonight did give me a greater insight & respect for the genre. At the end of their routine it was just as well the guests were cheering because, although I had the mic to my mouth, for the best part of 30 secs I was just lost for words (in hindsight my mouth made the right choice smile icon )

Last night did a wedding. The B &G and all the guests were a pleasure to work with. Lovely people.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4995/21062008613km4.jpg

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9545/21062008614ff4.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5107/21062008628ut6.jpg

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

Saturday - Joint birthday party for two 6 yr olds and a 3 yr old.

Mum of one of the 6 yr olds was superb, she joined in all the party dances. She even joined in a couple of the games, just so that she could get a sweet!! :rolleyes:

Overall, great party!

They don't call me Krazy for nothing! Krazy by name - Krazy by nature !!!

Age doesn't matter, unless you're a cabinet!

K K Disco

Had an unusual one last night, a British Legion Veterans' Day. Black tie event and got the comment it was nice to see all 3 of us dressed for the occasion.

Rules were early on music from 40's, so we gave them some big band, Andrews Sisters and other wartime hits. They like ballroom and line dance so mixed it up with cheese for the later part.

Instead of shadow dancers, ran some dvds of archive war films on screen which got a lot of reaction. I've known people to stop dancing for various reasons, but it was the first time they stopped to see if they were on the film of the D-Day landings. tongue out icon Got so many enquiries, I had to stop the music to tell them where to buy the dvd. (Good old ASDA! :Thumbup: )

We also made a dvd slide show of archive photos from WWI, WWII, Northen Ireland, Falklands, Afghanistan, Bosnia and Iraq wars, veterans marching, including Chelsea Pensioners and ending with a view of the massed veterans surrounding the Cenotaph, which we showed to Land Of Hope And Glory. That got a big round of applause.

They really appreciated our going the extra distance to make it a special night. They have already called today to make more booking for the club and took 2 bookings and a provisional booking for private functions last night.

You want me to play what?

Secretary of NADJ, Member of SEDA

Magic Moments.. making your moment magic

had a saturday night off for a change so when out for a drink and to check out other venues

was an experience lol not being too judgemental but not mentioning where but was in a respected kinda venue for a saturday night and was surprised that the dj didnt do any mixing ??? ( it was a club )

also song choice ??? had me very confessed ! not mixing isnt always a bad thing as long as the music moves smoothly and keeps the night moving

best exsample was golddigger - kanye west into cotton eyed joe ??? at nearly 12 o clock ??? and it wasnt just me you could see everyone on the dancefloor looking at eachother with that what the ???? look on there face

it just shows that if your in the right venue it dosent matter weather you can dj or not

I was at Stonehenge.

T'was wet.

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

How was it, more like how is it as I still have one gig to do

Thurs - Wedding

Fri - Prom

Sat - 50th

Sun - Wedding

Mon - Prom

Tue - Prom

Mobile Party DJ For Weddings Parties Corporate Events Covering London Essex Kent Sussex Surrey Bucckinghamshire Hertfordshire & Essex