Dj's United

Balloons On The Floor At Kids Party's

I know a few of us reguraly perform at kids party's,but I always specify that NO balloons are to be left on the floor.

I do this for 2 reasons 1..health and safety(i've seen kids jump on them and bounce and do summersaults)

2...It ruins the attention span for games and comps.

Theres nothing worse than lads Kicking them about and hitting the girls with them.

I've been called a spoilsport and worse when I arrive and tell them to put the balloons in a back room ,but they usually understand at the end of the show when I discuss the topic with the parents.

This was a golden rule I was told by my mentor (Who is no longer with us) and it has stood me in good stead.

Give it a go..u will be supprised at the better attention span of the children.

Paul

ever tryed using a bubble machine which is evern better ?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Pine Apple Entertainments Mobile Disco & Karoke

www.pinapplentertainments.co.uk

*Dont Delay Call Lee Today*

-----------------------------------------------------------

ever tryed using a bubble machine which is evern better ?

I do use a bubble machine but I have strict rules on that too.I only use it on carpeted or non slip floors and usually at v young kids party;s as they love it.

I find the older kids just tend to put their hands over the flyscoop and lean on the table.

Paul

I know a few of us reguraly perform at kids party's,but I always specify that NO balloons are to be left on the floor.

I do this for 2 reasons 1..health and safety(i've seen kids jump on them and bounce and do summersaults)

2...It ruins the attention span for games and comps.

Theres nothing worse than lads Kicking them about and hitting the girls with them.

I've been called a spoilsport and worse when I arrive and tell them to put the balloons in a back room ,but they usually understand at the end of the show when I discuss the topic with the parents.

This was a golden rule I was told by my mentor (Who is no longer with us) and it has stood me in good stead.

Give it a go..u will be supprised at the better attention span of the children.

Paul

Corr blimey Paul chill a little, kids are supossed to fall over its part of being a kid.. H&S ruins much of our lives in this day and age... If you have not put the ballons down then you or your PLI should not be affected in any way....

I really hate H&S it just seems to get in the way most of the time...

Nik

Too many Balloons?

I've seen accidents (well, one) happen thanks to balloons being used to cover a dancefloor to being about 50/50 balloons/parque flooring.

Looked nice until the venue staff returned from the Kitchen with the freshly cut wedding cake slices...The floor was then covered with 32% balloons, 32% parque flooring, 32% wedding cake, 4% Waitress (star-shaped).

If someone was particularly concerned about how to deal with excess balloons, and was recklessly unconcerned about the welfare of the surrounding guests, then there's this crazy, and probably PLI nullifying way of dealing with it. http://www.flixya.com/video/286313/High_Po..._Burst_Balloons

I think it's great to see kinds bursting balloons. It's all part of having fun and enjoying themselves at a a party - great

I agree with you because when they are burst they are out of the picture.But its when they burst them and thats when the accidents happen.

I'm no monster(honnest) when i was a kid this was the normal thing to do and great fun it was too,but you wern't treading on eggshells with a sueing society.

Ive been attempted to have been sued twice and won(mainly because I had no insurance ,no Mortgage or any savings.)They couldent take the business off me because it was my only source of income.

And honnestly with balloons out of the picture the party is more fun for the kids as activities can proceed.

our kids shows are intense,we provide 2 hours solid of games and fun which won't work with distractions.

Paul

Edited by supersound dj

At the last couple of kids discos I've done I had ballons on the floor and personally I think it was a big mistake. The kids spent all their time running around hitting each other with them getting more and more worked up and then wouldn't dance because it kind of killed the "disco" atmosphere. I got my little helper (my daughter) to quickly grab any of the ones left so I could hit the kids on the heads with them! Joking!

Saying that, if a kid asked for a disco with no games ( my last one was like that. 11 year old wanted a pure disco no games) and after several songs it was obvious they were not gonna dance I may bring a load of blown up balloons out of another room just to get them doing something!!

I am whatever you say I am

hmm

most f my work at the moment is childrens parties. i let them run about for the 10mins while the guests arrive. Then its so packed full of activites. Infact im sure its posted somewhere on the forum in the music

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

Ok supersound and wotuwont2hear.

You have two hour kidz parties that are jam-packed......

Well I would put my kidz parties up against anyones...I have a big following.

Want to swap any original ideas....could be beneficial to us all??

well my rebooking is so high.

check out the playlist thread but a breakdown of games.

great one for 6+ is 2 camping mats per team and get them to cross the hall withot touching the floor

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk