Dj's United

Hi All,

Been reading the site this evening and thought I would put a newbie post up.

My Brother and I have been DJing for around 7-8 years now and have done a variety of gigs from weddings to kids parties and NYE residency.

We started off using 2 x CD Players (the ones you would find in a Stacker system) and a 100 pound Numark 2 channel mixer and borrowing some of our Uncle (who has DJ'd for 30+ years and has plenty spare).

We started by doing a Thursday night Music mix for free in a local social club and soon after progressed onto 30quid a night!!

We have never really advertised and have work every now and again but now that I have wound my other business up, I am looking to push for more work. We have 3 gigs in the next month so that gives me a few pennies to put into Business Cards/Website etc.

We currently use a CD setup but I am in the process of putting together a PCDJ setup, should be buying a new laptop next month to use with it.

We use a T Bar, 3 x Datamoons, Raptor, Source Blade and a few other lights that we vary - I need to get some DMX cables for my Datamoons ASAP thinking about it

I hope to participate in the forum and share views/opinions with all of you, seems a really good site!

Cheers

John

Liscio Discotheques

60s - Current In Surrey & Home Counties

www.liscio.co.uk

Welcome along John - there's a lot of advice on here in the marketing section and more still in the Knowledge Base which will help you with promotion.

Thanks all, we are based in Surrey by the way so please PM me if local and often have work spare, or can cover for us!

Got a 50th Next Sat, an 18th next month and a University Graduation Prom.

Variation or what!

Liscio Discotheques

60s - Current In Surrey & Home Counties

www.liscio.co.uk