Dj's United

Speaker & Datamoon Dmx Questions

Hi All,

looking for some help please.

Got 2 Datamoons that I want to connect up, now I know they are DMX but do i Just need one DMX cable and to play with the settings on the back?

Could anyone put it simply for me

Also, had a pair of IDEX Speakers with 15 inch subs and Horns, one blew and a brothers friend has had it for ages, they say they dont know where to get the parts from etc, but I believe they use JBL drivers.

Any ideas on what to do to get spare parts and to test the speaker, or anyone in Surrey that can help do it?

Cheers

John

Liscio Discotheques

60s - Current In Surrey & Home Counties

www.liscio.co.uk

Hi John,

You can connect your Datamoons as Master/Slave. You should be fine with a suitable DMX cable.

Your DataMoon manual should tell you how to set them up, but essentially;

-Set one as a master using the DIP switches. Tip: Put a sticker on the back, so you know .

-Connect the DMX cable to DMX OUT

-Set the other light as slave, again, mark the light as "slave" using a sticker.

-Connect the DMX cable to DMX IN

-Power both up, and the should be in master/slave mode...

If you get more DMX gear, and a controller or PC interface, you should really terminate the last light in the network, but no need for now..

If you've got a 3-pin mic cable lying around, you can use this as a DMX cable to get it up and running. However, try to use a proper DMX cable to avoid any electrical pick-up problems.

Hope this helps,

Jason

To run the Datamoons in master-slave, set al DIP switches to OFF and connect one stereo jack lead from the OUT of one to the IN of the other. They will set themselves up after that.

Idex speakers dont usually use JBL drivers, they're made by OHM Industries in Knutsford.

http://www.ohm.co.uk

Awesome, thanks alot guys, will see if I can grab a DMX cable today.

Anyone got 2 Datamoons? does it look pretty spectacular when they work together?

Thanks for the speaker link, will check it out!!

Liscio Discotheques

www.liscio.co.uk

Awesome, thanks alot guys, will see if I can grab a DMX cable today.

Anyone got 2 Datamoons? does it look pretty spectacular when they work together?

Thanks for the speaker link, will check it out!!

I got 2 DM's in my 2nd gear and they are linked.The cable had to b made up special because 1 is a old jack connection ant the other is a 6 pin xlr.

They look like 2 datamoons in sync :dan+ju:

mind u the 2 diffreent types don't have all the same gobos.

Paul

The cable had to b made up special because 1 is a old jack connection ant the other is a 6 pin xlr.

Just to be clear & to avoid confusion, this is because you'll have one old type and one new type, isn't it! Most people will have the same connections on each of their datamoons, most up till now will have the stereo 1/4in jack on them.

NJD DMX lighting with the 1/4in jacks doesnt need terminating, it does it automatically and is the main reason they use these type of jacks as they come with terminating contacts.

I think the latest ones actually have the 5-pin XLR rather than a 6-pin.

Edited by superstardeejay

Thanks all,

Got 2 x New ones and 1 x old one, will see what I can do!!

Liscio Discotheques

www.liscio.co.uk