Dj's United

Mackie Speaker - Which Mixer

Evening Guys

Ok... I just come in to a little money and would like to upgrade my speakers (to Active - as I ain't getting any younger)

So I have been looking at

2 x Mackie SWA1501 or 2 x Mackie SWA1801

PLUS

2 x Mackie SRM-450 (V2)

I currently am using a Numark 200FX Mixer, would this be OK to use if running all 4 speakers at once or would I have to Upgrade the mixer

ALSO

Where would the cheapest place be to Buy them

Cheers in Advance :cheers:

Jay :hphone:

Music Entertainment covering London & within the M25 Areas

English & Asian Events catered for

www.skydj.co.uk

Evening Guys

Ok... I just come in to a little money and would like to upgrade my speakers (to Active - as I ain't getting any younger)

So I have been looking at

2 x Mackie SWA1501 or 2 x Mackie SWA1801

PLUS

2 x Mackie SRM-450 (V2)

I currently am using a Numark 200FX Mixer, would this be OK to use if running all 4 speakers at once or would I have to Upgrade the mixer

ALSO

Where would the cheapest place be to Buy them

Cheers in Advance :cheers:

Jay :hphone:

Hi There , obviously there will be better quality mixers out there . If your mixer has balanced XLR outputs it should be ok to use with your new Mackies also separate gain controls on each channel are a must. I use Mackies with a Denon mixer which I am very happy with. If you are going to spend a lot of cash on a good pa , it would be wise to spend a few hundred quid extra on a good quality mixer , after all you would't put remould tyres on a Ferrari.

Woody

Hi There , obviously there will be better quality mixers out there . If your mixer has balanced XLR outputs it should be ok to use with your new Mackies also separate gain controls on each channel are a must. I use Mackies with a Denon mixer which I am very happy with. If you are going to spend a lot of cash on a good pa , it would be wise to spend a few hundred quid extra on a good quality mixer , after all you would't put remould tyres on a Ferrari.

Hi

I used to have that mixer and I also use Mackie SRM450s. I upgraded to a better quality mixer (a Rane MP2) and the sound improvement was impressive. Eventually I upgraded to a Rane TTM57SL which I use with Serato. I reckon a Denon would give a pretty good improvement in sound quality. Plus they start at around £199 for the 2 Channel compact model so look like a good buy.

A