Dj's United

Equinox Ursa Laser

Hi there just wondering anybody got one, using one or seen one of these?

I'm tempted to get one to use in the larger outdoor / marquee gigs with lots of smoke.!!!

Is 100w green laser and 40w red a strong enough light source?

Any coments please.

Thanks G

:cheers:

The reason the power is misleading is they tend to quote the total laser power.

They dont have infrared filters on the lasers and include the infrared in the power rating.

The problem is you cannot see the IR and also the IR is extremely dangerous as you have no blink reflex to it.

Jim

The reason the power is misleading is they tend to quote the total laser power.

They dont have infrared filters on the lasers and include the infrared in the power rating.

The problem is you cannot see the IR and also the IR is extremely dangerous as you have no blink reflex to it.

Jim

Ow!

Thanks for pointing that out!

I work (day job) with Lasers+Fiber optics (non visible wavelength - 1550nm), so have been wondering about cheap lasers and health & safety.

They are probably quoting the laser output power, once it been through a few mirrors etc, its probably much lower power, and the harmful wavelengths have probably dissipated.

I've not really considered getting lasers, but I'll chat to the guys on the office tomorrow to see if they can add any informed comments.

Jason

100w green and 40w red are very HUGE sources!! I'm assuming you mean mW?

In order to get a balance, you need a lot more red than green, so in that case about 400-600mW of red to the 100mW of green. I've got a 100mW green that to the eye is as bright as a 300mW+ green. Once you get over 100mW a few hundred mW either way is not that noticeable to the eye.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum