Dj's United

Hello everyone http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/042.gif

Does anybody know where I can buy new gobo wheels from as I need to replace the one I already have as it is looking a bit worn out now? Also can you buy accessories for these i.e.. the rectangular mirrors that the light shines onto http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif would be greatful for the advice cheers http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/thumbup.gif

DJ Frankie Knuckles.

The light is called a Hypermoon I got it from a friend who was given it from a club they had just refurbished, and is a cool little light It just needs a new rectangular mirror on the front. Also I have a coulple of chaos lights that I would like to change the gobo wheel.

DJ Frankie Knuckles.

Try phoneing up your local dj shop. They should be able to do it for you.

Otherwise you could try calling Abstract and NJD themselves. Ive heard Abstract are quite good sometimes and are happy to deal with the public on small bits and pieces. If not, they will be able to tell you where to get the bits from.

Just on the subject of a new gobo wheel...did event specific wheels ever come out for the NJD event light???

When I first starting reading reviews they were meant to follow the launch of the light...are they available???

Cheers

Steve

Aha! no they never did, at least they hadn't come out as of two years after the NJD event projector, which I sold a year+ ago.

For those not familiar with the "Event Projector", it came with a gobo wheel, which displayed about 20 gobos in a typical moonflower type projection. The gobo would automatically change every X seconds (if you wanted it to), to the next gobo, and the next and so on. The unit was supplied with a gobo wheel featuring a "Happy Wedding Day" gobo, "Merry Christmas" gobo, "Happy Birthday" gobo...etc..etc...etc...

The unit also came with a promise...a promise of several single themed wheels. EG: A Wedding gobo wheel, with 10 (or so) wedding gobo's, and a Christmas wheel with a dozen (ish) Christmas themed gobos.

The wheel that came with the unit as standard could simply NOT be used with the automatic gobo changer (every X seconds)...lets face it, in the middle of a wedding, you dont want "Happy birthday" splahing itself around the walls, followed by "Happy Anniversary", then "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year"...

I was disappointed at all the delays, and then appalled when NJD eventualy told me that they wouldn't be releasing any event themed wheels, but suggested a place to me (three letter company name eg: XYZ Ltd, in London). I did contact the company, but the "one-off" production costs for getting the company to set their machines to NJD's specifications would have meant that two themed wheels EG: A wedding Wheel and a Christmas Wheel, would have cost me around £200.

I wrote back to NJD, and emailed, but received no reply from either method. Im somewhat surprised at their "turn their back on customers" approach on this issue, since they've been really good in all aspects of customer service before.

I recall from PLASA (both 2002 and 2003) that someone else has an event projector, but I dont know if they ("ACME" ?????????? not sure) ever promised event gogo wheels, as an accessory.

Thanks Gary...

Must admit that when I bought the light I did want the option of changinng the wheel for different events. You can get by with just one gobo for an event, but it isnt really ideal for what you are trying to create.

Ive got round it by just using the light in the first hour or so when guests are arriving and you just require a little lighing in the venue (how many disco's have you seen with every lighting effect they own going right from the start and left on all night!..sorry off topic ! http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Ive seen another manufacturer of an event light can't recall the name at the mo...

Steve

Edited by Steve