Dj's United

Has there ever been a dedicated DJ car Boot sale ? Loads of Dj's have stuff in the garage that they don't need from the posts i have read . I just thought there might be a good way of passing stuff to good homes etc ..just an idea ..what do you guys think?

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Has there ever been a dedicated DJ car Boot sale ? Loads of Dj's have stuff in the garage that they don't need from the posts i have read . I just thought there might be a good way of passing stuff to good homes etc ..just an idea ..what do you guys think?

It's a good idea.

Newer members to DJU may not know about "DJU Max" which was an event that a few DJU'ers (including Paul/High Fidelity) arranged for DJU members a couple of years ago. That had demoable displays of new products from Denon DJ, Numark, DMX controllers, Musicians union etc and had a fair quantity of new and used DJ equipment etc.

It was held during a Sunday, with discounted hotel accomodation arranged for DJU Members with an evening session of background music, talking with fellow DJU members, hot food, talking, alcohol, talking and a fair bit of fun - pictures available in the DJU photo section - check'em out.

Maybe its time for DJU MAX 2. (?)

Likewise.

Exeter, anyone??

Southport is nice this time of year. I can arrange a nice, reasonably priced hotel with a function room for the bring and buy sale.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

Yeah im siding with Southport :p and rich there is nothing wrong with pontins!

Stephen Owens Entertainments

Office: 01704 897078

Mobile: 0782 8270 854

Web: www.stephen-owens.co.uk

Email: Monkey-business-disco@hotmail.co.uk

Yeah thats true.

Stephen Owens Entertainments

Office: 01704 897078

Mobile: 0782 8270 854

Web: www.stephen-owens.co.uk

Email: Monkey-business-disco@hotmail.co.uk

Southport is nice this time of year. I can arrange a nice, reasonably priced hotel with a function room for the bring and buy sale.

Southport it is then Steve over to you lol

Nik

Hmm, I could do Brum, but not Southport - Google maps is showing 3:45 :-( from Waltham Cross.

I'd probably be up for a meet/bring n buy, and a few beers, and as we're fairly well scattered, midlands (ish) makes sense.

Jason

Yes this would be good.... could it be Midlands ish based so most people could travel to it.... Wolverhampton is good tongue out icon

Nik

It was in England the last time - stop being so :cense: greedy tongue out icon

How about a stag weekend in not so sunny Belfast (have I sold it to you yet or will it take a bit more effort?)

Seriously though these things do take a bit of planning so who's up to volunteer?

any thoughts a to a time of year, maybe jan or feb when work slackensd of abit ? (weddings & xmas all finished)?

big mac

Maybe Donnington Racing Curcuit carpark on 18 October (BPM)

It was pretty empty last year tongue out icon

:ads: there was entertainment & refreshments :cheers:

Hmm, I could do Brum, but not Southport - Google maps is showing 3:45 :-( from Waltham Cross.

I'd probably be up for a meet/bring n buy, and a few beers, and as we're fairly well scattered, midlands (ish) makes sense.

This is the point where alot of these good ideas stop rather abruptly, and unfortunately so; because as I've said above, these meet-ups are always a good idea and usually very well enjoyed by all who attend.

The difficulty is Location and therefore drive time. Here on the forum, we're able to all Post, Reply and read other members posts whether they're just 'round the corner, or halfway around the world - - - (I s'pose that they could be all the way around the world, but then they'd be right here again, wouldn't they..? now I've got a brain-ache :lol: )

Some DJ's will travel 3 or 4 hours to such an event, especially if they've got alot of gear that they'd like to sell. Others may have an intricate pattern of local commitments meaning that they wouldn't be able to attend the event if its more than 20-30 minutes drive each way. Most would-be attendees will be happy to drive to locations somewhere between the two above mentioned "extremes".

I think that it's probably fair to suggest that sellers will be prepared to travel further than the "might see something" would-be buyers.

Another consideration however is that at the moment, the suggestion is simply an equipment buy/sell/swap event, with of course the never-to-be-underestimated chance of meeting other DJU members face-to-face, after months or even years of only typing to each others posts. However, if more reasons to attend the event are added, then those DJU members who perhaps wouldn't drive 2 hours for gear, might find the trip more worthwhile and "do-able".

Additional features for the event might be:

• Bring'n'demo - Got a new light and want to show it to other DJU Members? Bring it along? In amongst all the same-same-same of todays lighting there are a few surprisingly good new ideas - LED lighting for example has progressed in massive leaps and bounds compared to its "OK for a bedroom" status of just 2 or 3 years ago, and I wouldnt have bought a KAM Star Cluster without seeing it "do its thing" first. In this day of REAL DJ shops slowly disappearing, there are few opportunites to actually see something "Live" right before your eyes (or ears - see below)
  • Discounted PAT Testing - I think we've got a couple of DJU members who own a PAT tester and are qualified to PAT, and have a supply of the all important green/white stickers and the itemised equipment tested sheets etc... maybe they could bring those along and PAT other DJU members kit on the day.
  • Members Roadshows - Bring your set-up along, set it up, (have it PAT tested too while its there - see above) - show others how neat'n'tidy all your wires are, and that unique thing you do with those G-clamps etc.
  • Speaker Vs Speaker - Let me say instantly that this ISNT my idea - its something that I know has been done two or three times by others and hats off to them - there are so many more options of speaker now-a-days. It no longer has to be Wood to be Good, nor is it the case that if its smaller than a washing machine its no good...there are some 2.1 type systems offering great sound from tiny portable systems...just the thing for upstairs venues...but buying speakers off of the internet without running them past your own ears first can be daunting.
  • "How To..." discussions....these were run at DJU MAX with success, even if it were just 15 minutes of showing what a compressor limiter can do for you, or 20 minutes of how to set up a DMX controller to a couple of pairs of DMX lights...

When DJU Max was planned, there was a copious number of replies in the threads, with quite a few people simply asking for it to be near them, which is understandable - The event ended up taking place in Wiltshire, about 15 minutes drive from the M4, so it was sort of "middle of the south" (in terms of drive zones) and yeilded between 70 and 80 attendees - all of whom were DJU members and spouces. Keeping it "DJU members only" kept the number of attendees down, but meant that the on-line trust which had been built up between members enabled the event to take place without too much concern toward security, door staff etc.

I'd like another such event to go ahead - as like quite a few DJs, I've forgotton what colour the floor and walls of my garage are... :lol:

Edited by Gary

Steve - Not pontins though !!!!!!

Agreed. Its like Tenko in there!

If this thing is going to come off and please only post if your serious, it is sensible to have it in the midlands. Next to the M6 where all can come..

(Nik you could be the lucky one here)... :D

Date could be a major issue?

Steve

Agreed. Its like Tenko in there!

If this thing is going to come off and please only post if your serious, it is sensible to have it in the midlands. Next to the M6 where all can come..

(Nik you could be the lucky one here)... :D

Date could be a major issue?

OK so what would we need... If I got a venue and had to pay would I be able to charge an addmission fee say £5 to cover costs and £20 for NADJ members :dan+ju: and £1.50 for WDJA members...

Oh and £250 for Gary well he throws money away lol.... And anyone selling Denon free admission, any one buying Denon will have to pay to get out tongue out icon

All bases covered there I think... OK the above is just joking, Well except the Gary bit.... :dan+ju:

I could find a venue but other than advising about hotels it would be each man or woman to themselves....

Might be able to get a pub room or something....

Nik

OK so what would we need... If I got a venue and had to pay would I be able to charge an addmission fee say £5 to cover costs and £20 for NADJ members :dan+ju: and £1.50 for WDJA members...

Oh and £250 for Gary well he throws money away lol.... And anyone selling Denon free admission, any one buying Denon will have to pay to get out tongue out icon

All bases covered there I think... OK the above is just joking, Well except the Gary bit.... :dan+ju:

I could find a venue but other than advising about hotels it would be each man or woman to themselves....

Might be able to get a pub room or something....

Nik

Nik

If you like i will offer any help organising it......

Midlands is good but dont mind travelling either

Also would be nice to put names to faces !!!! Especially to yourself lol !!!

Richard Cheeseman

RJC Discos

richard@rjcdiscos.co.uk

Nik

If you like i will offer any help organising it......

Midlands is good but dont mind travelling either

Also would be nice to put names to faces !!!! Especially to yourself lol !!!

Ha ha believe me its the face that sunk a thousand ships....

Well I cant spare the time to sort this at the moment just stacked out with work..

But can we have a reply from everyone who would be interested and what they would like or services they could provide PAT etc etc....

I will organise something if that is what is wanted but not if only 3 people will show up... tongue out icon

Nik

Edited by UKHero

I will organise something if that is what is wanted but not if only 3 people will show up... tongue out icon

Nik

VERY GOOD POINT!

Lets have some serious names, location time and date. As I said before the midlands near the motorway has to be the best option for most.

Steve

I'm interested, maybe it would be a good idea to car-share if possible too?

Just a thought to save the environment?

Not so sure about PAT testing - its a pain in the you-know-what and rather dull!

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]