Dj's United

Bride & Groom First Dance Announcement

Give us a clue as to what you already say, and then we can comment.

I keep it simple, as I've got an unimpressive microphone voice and I think people lose interest in waffle after a few seconds anyhow.

Something like:

Ladies and gentlemen, a big hand please as we welcome 'bla' and 'bla-ess' onto the dance floor for their first dance together as husband and wife."

That's pretty much what I said last night, and is all that's required. Maybe an indication that the first dance is imminent a track before would be helpful, too, unless there's a cake cutting session immediately before the first dance, as has happend on the last two wedding evenings I've done.

Give us a clue as to what you already say, and then we can comment.

I keep it simple, as I've got an unimpressive microphone voice and I think people lose interest in waffle after a few seconds anyhow.

Something like:

Ladies and gentlemen, a big hand please as we welcome 'bla' and 'bla-ess' onto the dance floor for their first dance together as husband and wife."

That's pretty much what I said last night, and is all that's required. Maybe an indication that the first dance is imminent a track before would be helpful, too, unless there's a cake cutting session immediately before the first dance, as has happend on the last two wedding evenings I've done.

As my microphone voice is not great either i agree with above statement

Edited by Cheesey1975

Richard Cheeseman

RJC Discos

richard@rjcdiscos.co.uk

I welcome the couple by their first names to the dance floor and on their way I compliment the bride and tel the groom he doesn't look too bad either and then before I start the music ask the audience for 3 cheers for Mr & Mrs whatever

if they have the first dance early on in the evening i sometimes use that time to introduce my self aswell, something like..

well, a very good evening to you welcome to (venue) my names chris o'grady your dj for the evening, as you all know were here to celebrate the wedding of Jan&john who are now going to have their first dance together as husband & wife, there dancing to a exercelent track called (whatever) so ladies and gentlemen please can i have a massive round of a pulse as we welcome to the floor, jan&john.

i would probably do this over some music.

if the dance is later on just do as above says keep it quicker as you'll have already introduced yourself early on.

Ladies & gentlemen, welcome to bla bla bla. It is now my pleasure to invite the bride and groom bla & bla to particiate in their chosen song which is bla bla bla

Something along the lines of....

Ladies and gentlemen can you please put your hands together and welcome Joan and John onto the dance floor for the first time as Mr & Mrs Smith, their first dance is to the very special and appropriate song by ....... and is entitled ......... Thank You.

Jim

Mine always goes....

Ladies and Gentlemen....firstly good evening and welcome to this very special day for blah and blah and as is customary on these occasions its time for them to have their first dance together, so please put your hands together for the bride and groom..............

I welcome the couple by their first names to the dance floor and on their way I compliment the bride and tel the groom he doesn't look too bad either and then before I start the music ask the audience for 3 cheers for Mr & Mrs whatever

I always do the 3 cheers afterwards,

Goodevening ladies and gentlemen welcome the the Marsdons suete of the sheffield united ground, Id like to welcome "Blar" and "Blar" the bride and groom on to the dancefloor for the first dance.

Chalet to let - PM me for details!! see here: www.freewebs.com/eastchalet

Where possible I'll have them standing just outside the room or at the very least off the dancefloor and say:-

Ladies and Gentlemen, would you please be upstanding and welcome onto the dancefloor John and Joan (slight pause) Mr & Mrs Smith :love:

Hi.

I alway pre-empt the first dance with a request

" Ladies & Gentlemen, Quickly ! dig out your box brownies, you will be needing them in just a minute "

This is my q to the bride & groom that she/he has just one minute !

Ladies & Gentlemen,,,, Lets welcome to the dance floor Mrs jones. and her lucky husband mr jones.

"Wow what a gorgeous outfit, abolutley stunning, ravishly, ,,,,, and she looks great too !

"Q the music maistro"

Works for me

Love and Light

Big Mac