Dj's United

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted...have been busy with my other interests in the last few months and am only now starting to get my DJ'ing hat on again :rolleyes:

Not sure if anyone has any tips or tricks in relation to this particular problem I'm having, but hopefully someone will.

I've been cataloging all my CD's over the last few weeks and have been transferring them to CD folders..the type that has the three metal rings and each page hangs on the rings with 6 discs per page (3 either side with cd sleeves).

The problem I'm having is that no matter how careful I am, I always seem to end up with at least one of the rings going slightly out of shape , and when this happens the damn pages keep coming off the ring when I am flipping through.

I have deliberately avoiding putting anywhere near the maximum amount of CD's into each folder (it says they can hold 500 CD's, or 250 with sleeves, but I have only been putting in slightly more than half of that.

Frankly it is driving me nuts and I wish there was an easier way to do this. I don't want to go down the laptop road yet and don't have the money to spend on a new laptop and software even if I wanted to, so I really would like to sort some kind of CD organising system that works better than my current one.

So is it just bad quality folders I'm using, or is this a common problem with this system. Am I doing something wrong to cause this myself?

Oh and one more thing. What do you guys do with your old CD Jewl cases when you've transferred your CD's? I have bucketloads of them now sitting in my spare room... :scared:

Thanks

Robbie

:hphone:

Can't comment as never used such 'folders'.

Use 'full-on' DJ CD cases so can keep the CD with the inlay booklet and track listing.

I can see how these things save space and weight but could never use them...takes longer to look for a CD...no inlay cards....spare cases everywhere.....ARGH

Edited by otronics

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk