Dj's United

Leaving It A Bit Late To Book...

What is the most last minute booking that you have had for a wedding?

I had a booking last night for next weekend. Apparently they said no to the wedding DJ at the venue as they wanted to look for their own, but they forgot until now to look!

Lucky I was free as Im sure most people are booked for this date.

So, whats the most last minute booking, for a wedding, and I dont mean from a cancellation or as a favour?!

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

3 weeks, they phoned around as they had been to a wedding seen the DJ that they had booked and cancelled him. I was trying to keep the night free [it was my birthday] but i took the booking anyway!

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

i got a phone call on a friday for a wedding the next day! typical i suppose forget one of the most important things on your wedding day! they were so busy doing other wedding things they for got about the entertainment.

turned out to be a good gig though!

its amazing how many people forget about entertainment at there wedding we come at the bottom of the list about 90% of the time i think.

Last Sat night 8.10pm dj had not turned up :(

Was unable to help at such short notice as i was in my residency, felt so sorry for the couple concerned

I heard on Sunday that the night was totally ruined

I dont advertise anymore - but still get phone calls.

I received a call the other week on a friday night at 8 pm greek time so 6pm there in the uk - the dj hadn't turned up - i gave her a few phone numbers and she rangon sunday to say it all got sorted and to thank me for helping - even though i was 1500 miles away - my service was amazing lol.

Perhaps i should branch out ............................. :shrug:

I had one a few weeks ago, booked me on the wednesday for the saturday night.

Luckily for them James can drive and set up on his own now so he took the second rig out for a 30th and I covered the wedding.

They thought that the venue was supplying the disco but they hadn't booked him.

Jim

A lot of people seem to be leaving it late to book a disco for a function perhaps in the hope of getting a discount. Usually makes me put the prices up lol

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

A lot of people seem to be leaving it late to book a disco for a function perhaps in the hope of getting a discount. Usually makes me put the prices up lol

alan

Here Here :Thumbup: , i take full advantage if they have booked a no show disco, its even better when they enquired with you in the 1st place but said you were too expensive

Funny - just had an enquiry tonight (Monday) for a wedding celebration disco on Saturday.

Luckily that was the last free date I had this month - I doubt she'd have found many others free at this time of the year!

Funny - just had an enquiry tonight (Monday) for a wedding celebration disco on Saturday.

Luckily that was the last free date I had this month - I doubt she'd have found many others free at this time of the year!

tis not just me then

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

A lot of people seem to be leaving it late to book a disco for a function perhaps in the hope of getting a discount.

Would people think of a discount booking at short notice?

Like others here, they can pay the full price. And yes, it is SO brilliantly excellent if you quoted them weeks/months ago and they did not hire you due to price (or you think that is the reason if they do not contact you again).

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

A wedding has just shown up on goodparty for THIS FRIDAY

Wedding

Number of guests 100

Event date 1 August 2008

Zipcode tigers lair

City hull

Budget £0-£150

Enquiry price £0.50

Service required by customer DJ

Description would be starting around 3 only want background music during the day, can just put cd on n go for break as long as there music throughout the day then a dj for the night, or dj only just told us he double booked thanks

I guess it's a friend of a friend that let them down, also I would put money on it that he was going to do it for £50 and they think they will get a pro to cover it at the same cost.

Jim

A wedding has just shown up on goodparty for THIS FRIDAY

I guess it's a friend of a friend that let them down, also I would put money on it that he was going to do it for £50 and they think they will get a pro to cover it at the same cost.

Jim

Gotta say thats nasty, but last friday I had three calls from friends who are DJs and from people stuck as their DJ had double booked etc. But I was having a day off and not shifting from my sofa for any amount of cash.

One actually seemed surprised that I turned down £80 (dunno if they thought that was good or something). I laughed at it, what is that about!! Last minute Id be more inclined to double my fee for the inconvenience. I like to plan my gigs in advance.

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

Had an enquiry last week for this Saturdauy night coming for a wedding. Said that the DJ had just phoned them up and said he had double booked and cancelled them.

She then said if I could do it for the same price, they would book me.......£65.00.......Stupid woman!!!!

Not a chance in hell. I actually let out a snigger and she then got extremely offensive. No wonder the DJ had let her down. Especially losing out on all that money he must have been mad!!!

After I had explained that she would not get a professional for that stupid price she started to beg me because she was finfding it hard to find someone at short notice.....said no again and then she told me that..'well you are probably ******* crap anyway so go and **** yourself'................lovely person!

All this talk of last minute bookings reminds me of a scam a few years ago

A local dj used to well advertise himself in venues ect, on top of this he would boast his prices were the cheapest around

He would get plenty of work but not except deposits, have booking forms or even meet the clients most people thought they got a good deal until the day

He would then ring the customers saying he was ill but would give them another djs telephone number, the other dj would then charge 2 or 3 times the oridginal price

Ok you may say it serves themself right & good on the 2nd dj charging extra

The other dj was his nephew