Dj's United

Vocopro Karaoke Hard Drive

Hi I am thinking of investing in a Vocopro 80 Gig Hard Drive Media Player

my local karaoke shop owner says that all the stuff he has brought from them he has had to send back but he has never had stocked any of these as there stuff is rubbish. I do not know how much rubbish he is talking as he does not stock there products & is known to talk rubbish.

I am looking for any independent reviews & to hear from anyone who owns one or has used one as this maybe my solution to carrying lots of discs.

Hi I am thinking of investing in a Vocopro 80 Gig Hard Drive Media Player

my local karaoke shop owner says that all the stuff he has brought from them he has had to send back but he has never had stocked any of these as there stuff is rubbish. I do not know how much rubbish he is talking as he does not stock there products & is known to talk rubbish.

I am looking for any independent reviews & to hear from anyone who owns one or has used one as this maybe my solution to carrying lots of discs.

I have had a few vocopro products and i can say some were very poor and one was ok. i too have had faults with there stuff and had to send stuff back..they are unfortunately one of the only companies that push karaoke hardware, with the major manufacturers forgetting about KJ's

The hard drive seems a good product on paper but i wouldn't touch it personally and heres my reasons why

1.its remote control operation only.so hosting a show hardly looks professional

2.Its native format is Divx and any files on it (as some bundle tracks with the HD)are not the versions most of your experienced singers will want to sing

3.its only 80GB

4 new models are available in the USA that are 250GB called the MEDIA-JUKEBOX-X. and pro and again i would not touch these either as they are too expensive and limited to the formats they play

software to convert standard CDG to avi is supplied and of course then the pro dub licence would be required.

personally i would get a lap top and a external 500GB hard drive for a similar price , this is far more flexible and better value for money.

yes you still have to pay the pro dub licence but you can host your whole show from a lap top then carrying far less in terms of players and discs

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

• 3 weeks later...

laptop ooorrr get a propper pc.

Is thinking of doing that instead of laptop.

You can get SFF boxes (small form factor), but obviously you'd need a monitor & keyboard for it though...

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]