Dj's United

Noel Edmonds Begins Tv Licence Boycott

Presenter Noel Edmonds has stopped paying his TV licence fee as he does not like the BBC's "threatening" manner towards those who evade the charge.

"I'm so incensed by the idea that I'm guilty of something that I actually cancelled my licence fee a few months ago," he said.

Read more here

I do not agree with Mr Edmonds defiance of the law. I do understand that the tone that organisations seem to take recently is one of aggressive arrogance ..We know where you live..car tax evasion ads etc all making you feel guilty even when you have the required licence.

I got a letter from my council about fortnightly collection and recycling properly and the tone was we are watching what you chuck out and will fine you if you make a mistake or dont bother.as someone who recycles as much as i can i felt it was a aggressive letter and think the idiots who stuff anything in my wheelie bin when i put it out for collection because there's is full because they dont recycle might get me a fine

In the TV interview with Noel Edmonds he did not dispute that it should be paid or that it wasn't great value for money it was just the way the money was asked for in letters and ads.

The BBC used to show how great value the service was and not go the "you have to pay so tough route"..Mr Edmonds is surely not short of a few £££ and if it pees off him then it sure as heck pees of people scraping a living together to be asked in such a way ..but we on lower incomes are used to being asked forcefully for payment.

I seem to remember maybe 10 years or more back i watched a TV program and it said that the majority of short stay women prisoners was for non payment of the TV licence apparently it was women (normally single mums) who had been caught at tea time when kids were watching the telly by a TV inspector.. failed payment arrangements was the next stage then a court date had been done , they failed to turn up or failed the agreed payments that the court had laid down .so they then got sent to prison. i believe that this was looked into by the government and now courts are far more lenient and don't sent women to prison as much for this as there is no room in the prisons.

Its the law and you have to pay .... but its nice to be asked nicely

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

I think the BBC is dead in the water, really.

There was a time when the BBC was at the forefront of radio & TV entertainment, and perhaps then was worth supporting via a licence.

These days though, there are so many other channels available, and the BBC just aren't producing decent, informative TV as was once the case - take a look at East Enders - that's what my licence fee is paying for now, and I don't even watch it. And hideously overpaid radio presenters? Don't get me started...

Quote:

"TV Licensing has a duty to enforce the licence fee on behalf of the honest majority who pay."

But those who pay aren't doing so because they are 'honest', it's because they live in fear of a hefty fine if they don't pay it - something most just couldn't afford. I doubt there are many these days who willingly pay their licence fee because they wish to support the BBC and the wonderful programs (they no longer) produce.

The sooner this organisation is disbanded the better, in my opinion.

I think the BBC is dead in the water, really.

There was a time when the BBC was at the forefront of radio & TV entertainment, and perhaps then was worth supporting via a licence.

These days though, there are so many other channels available, and the BBC just aren't producing decent, informative TV as was once the case - take a look at East Enders - that's what my licence fee is paying for now, and I don't even watch it. And hideously overpaid radio presenters? Don't get me started...

Quote:

"TV Licensing has a duty to enforce the licence fee on behalf of the honest majority who pay."

But those who pay aren't doing so because they are 'honest', it's because they live in fear of a hefty fine if they don't pay it - something most just couldn't afford. I doubt there are many these days who willingly pay their licence fee because they wish to support the BBC and the wonderful programs (they no longer) produce.

The sooner this organisation is disbanded the better, in my opinion.

I totally agree.

Marry a 75 year old and you get the licence free

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Is that an offer? I thought you were taken........... and you dont look 75 years old really. Second thoughts.... tongue out icon

What about the DVLA with the photo licenses, anyone who has one will be hit with a £20 charge in next few yeears as the photo will expire.

Only costs about £2 to process and print a new licence when its just the photo changing

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

I've often wondered...

I believe you have to buy a licence if you have a "recieving" TV in your house, regardless of whether you watch BBC or not

So why do we still have to pay the licence if you only watch sky and dis-connect the areil completely?

How can the BBC be aloud to retrieve money from a licence, when you CHOOSE not to watch BBC broadcasts? like stay on sky!