Easy question

Am thinking of changing mobiles again

Discuss...

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Depends on your needs. It sounds like you're looking at smartphones, rather than something more traditional.

Apple appear to be restricting development of apps for the iPhone where it collides with their own products;

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/08/09/21/122225.shtml

(and many more instances on similar)

Not sure if this would be a problem for you, but it would concern me.

Blackberry has a good name - not really sure why! I think their winning "push" email is slowly being eroded.

If you need it to sync to an Exchange server, there will be a cost with adding a module to the exchange server if you want the contacts/calendar etc to be synced correctly.

I've been asked to do this at work, and for one person we had to decline and ask them to get Windows Mobile phone (or iPhone has exchange client)

I'm personally on a Touch Diamond. 3.2MP Camera with auto focus, built-in GPS (and it works well with Google Maps for Windows Mobile). 4GB of internal storage, so ok for some music/video/docs.

http://www.htc.com/www/product.aspx?id=46278

Bad points are that its not a great phone - a bit too sluggish at times which is typical of Windows Mobile phones.

However, I wanted an all-rounder, something to connect to the Exchange server for my day job, and also have good imap client for my personal emails, and to make/take the odd call with.

The internal speaker is horrible - for something that can do so much its really nasty. Audio quality is fine via headset/adapter.

Having pocket office & pdf viewer is a great help.

I also have TomTom7 software for my phone, and it works fine -replacing my aging PDA+Bluetooth GPS with something I have with me all the time.

£35/month with 700mins calls and "unmetered" data.

Best bet is to view the bundles on offer in your price range (I assume you'll be on a contract) and check out some review sites.

Jason

the new google phone is due to launch very soon, the offical specs are set to be unvieled next week i think but its operating system is going to be multi platform and there will be a host of applications avalliable for it as there are a lot of third party software companys developing for it. just put in a search for google phone gphone or android

07843106107 mobile

01752-296680 office

the new google phone is due to launch very soon, the offical specs are set to be unvieled next week i think but its operating system is going to be multi platform and there will be a host of applications avalliable for it as there are a lot of third party software companys developing for it. just put in a search for google phone gphone or android

The android based phone "sounds" good, just heard its free on a £40/month contract, available from November.

Jason

Iphone - best gadget i have ever bought.

Web, e-mail, maps, youtube, facebook, football results, camera, calendar, space invaders, music, videos, light saber, Indiana whip and plenty of other cheesy apps.... All installed on mine, and i love it!

+ You can make calls on it!

+ It's your Ipod as well!

If you take yourself to serious - Avoid at all costs!!

The Blackberry is also fantastic - I used it for 5 years when i was in the corporate workplace and it was a life saver! Very robust, Simple but effective interface, does exactly what it say's on the tin.

oohh

Iphone - best gadget i have ever bought.

+ You can make calls on it!

+ It's your Ipod as well!

And a music source (albeit not brilliant one) if all else fails?!!

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

iPhone seems more of a toy than a business phone.

Great if you are 18, but no cut and paste, no Word edit, no MMS, no attachments unless a photo.

Your Big Event

Great if you are 18, but no cut and paste, no Word edit, no MMS, no attachments unless a photo.

yes no clipboard, no MMS either. but i dont send MMS anyway. I'm sure there'll be an iphone update that will do the clipboard functions and it'll be wrapped up in the 'we listened and we gave to you', wheras they've probably already realised that feature is lacking but decided not to release it yet..

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Nokia E71 has just come on the scene too....

Your Big Event

Nokia E71 has just come on the scene too....

Just as long as it still sends your number so I know when you are calling. And I can ignore it.. tongue out icon

My feeling exactly.. I did hear they have added an MS Exchange plug-in, but it still doesn't have the tools needed.

The Windows Mobile phones have their faults (sluggish, occasional lock-ups etc), but for business use, they are pretty good. Most of my inquiries are via email, so having something where I can check location (via google maps), and reply with my terms/contract/questionnaire is pretty good.

Jason

Of course it is not a business phone.. It's an Ipod with a phone plus more, so why would anyone expect it to be a business phone!

If you want a business phone then buy a Blackberry, they are fantastic at what they do.

Bill Gates - If you are reading this forum, now is your chance to get back at the boys from Apple - Invent a serious adult phone that "Cuts and Pastes" for the over 18's.. :toot:

oohh

• 1 month later...

Getting used to my Iphone 3G now, would still have a Blackberry, but that would cost an extra £40 per month, just to get it to do what I want it to do (I need BES, not BIS, which costs an extra £28 per month from o2, then an extra £7 per month from my exchange server company, so iPhone it is, until I need a new phone, then a Nokia E71 lloks favourite, although something new will be out by then !)

Your Big Event