Dj's United

Tapco Thump Active Speakers

Hi Guys/Girls

I am finally going active and have been trawling the net for Mackie SRM450's and came across these speakers - Tapco Thump Actives.

Does anyone on here have any information on them - or own a pair who can give their comments?

Many thanks

Chris

They look OK but, as Marky has said, get the SRM450s

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

Perhaps Mr P would prefer a more helpful post. He has said he wants SRM450's - reading between the lines he probably cannot quite afford them. So telling him to "get them" without giving a reason to discount the Tapco's is no use. If you have experience of them, please explain.

Mr P, do you mean the TH-15's - if so I have not seen them myself, but from the specs it looks like they are not as powerful as the SRM450, only 150/50W. They are £150 cheaper each though.

Edited by Dave80s

Many thanks for the replys.

Digital Village have done me a good deal on a pair of SRM450's - £685 and £6.00 for high coaxial leads with neutrik connectors. I collect them on Saturday and will be using them Saturday night so i feel like a kid in a sweetshop at the moment, just got to get use to not having to set amps up!

I will be looking to get an active sub next so any advice would be gratly welcomed

Thanks

Chris

I too am looking at the SRM450s, please let me know how you get on, and I would be looking at a sub also!!

Liscio Discotheques

60s - Current In Surrey & Home Counties

www.liscio.co.uk

You made the right choice, the Thumps might be designed by EAW but IMO they are not pro quality. You need to be sure not to take the volume on the 450s past the straight up position as it then runs into mic level, they will then overheat.

A 1501 or 1801 sub would be ideal, however if price is an issue then take a look at the DB Technologies range.

Well basically i got the price of £699 off ebay and asked Digital Village do a PriceBeat (it states they will on their Website), so i tried my luck and eh presto they beat it by £14.00 - which basically has paid towards the new leads.

I tried Sound Control in Birmingham who Price Match and they never even answered my query so i will not be taking my business there in the future.

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

Mr P, how did you get the price so low? Care to share your experience with other forum members? That price is VERY good , cheapest price is 699 on ebay and the cheap retailers are 749!!

Hi, I got srm 450 v2's for 795 for a pair! And they sound wicked. I also have a tapco thump which is good but not as good as the mackies.