Dj's United

So the local hotel call you and say they are unhappy with their DJ and would like you to take over.

The old DJ charges £150 per night, your usual price is £180.

Do you reduce your price to match the other DJ, as you know this is a deal closer ?

TOPIC MOVED

Edited by Abuse Controller

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Depends on how many bookings there is. If it was a one-off and there was no definite offer of regular work on the table then it would be the single £180 fee. Talk is cheap and I've been spun this yarn and had the dangling carrot routine played out before, with promises of lots of work to follow, only to find that the offer was essentially b/s and they just wanted somebody external to cover one / two bookings for their residents illness / holiday.

The offer a price reduction would be negotiable for a local-ish venue depending on the level of work offered but any agreed discount off the usual price on per gig basis would only be actioned upon receipt of a signed contract or statement of intent. Moral of the story - trust your instincts before you trust ANYONE. Fair exchange in business is no robbery, and loyalty works both ways.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

No.

I set my prices for a reason, and don't drop to match another quote.

If they were unhappy with the other DJ then its the perfect justification for paying more to get you, so no, I wouldn't budge.

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263