Dj's United

Carlsbro Actives

Hi there - am just starting a bi-monthly club night with a couple of friends in a small club space, fits about 100 or so, max. To date, we have been hiring 2 active speakers at approx £60 a time - but now I'm getting :cense: off with that outlay each time we do the gig and want to get my own pa. I have been offered a basically brand new (he says they've been used ten times and look well looked after) set (X2) of Carlsbro 15/400 actives for £350 the pair with stands and covers - my friends are reluctant to pitch in as they think it's not worth it cos there's no guarantee with them, but I think it represents a good deal for the money and am pushing for us to go ahead - what's your thoughts opinions on these?

By the way we play mainly bass heavy dance music (house, electro, techno etc.)

Thanks in advance for your two penny worths :))

What speakers were you hiring?

Not sure if the Carlsbro's would be suitable for what you want to use them for. SPL is only 95db and they only go down to 80hz so may lack a bit of bass but if they compare to what you were using :shrug:

If what you are hiring is better quality then you would probably be better paying the £60.

Hi there - am just starting a bi-monthly club night with a couple of friends in a small club space, fits about 100 or so, max. To date, we have been hiring 2 active speakers at approx £60 a time - but now I'm getting :cense: off with that outlay each time we do the gig and want to get my own pa. I have been offered a basically brand new (he says they've been used ten times and look well looked after) set (X2) of Carlsbro 15/400 actives for £350 the pair with stands and covers - my friends are reluctant to pitch in as they think it's not worth it cos there's no guarantee with them, but I think it represents a good deal for the money and am pushing for us to go ahead - what's your thoughts opinions on these?

By the way we play mainly bass heavy dance music (house, electro, techno etc.)

Thanks in advance for your two penny worths :))

Hi fella - the ones we were hiring were RCF and sometimes these I think - QSC HPR122i 12" 500W Active Speaker.

The Carlsbro ones are from the Gamma range. So you think as it stands we'd be better off hiring till we can afford something that deals with our bass a bit better?

Almost definitely you will be better off hiring as I doubt the Carlsbro's will perform as well as the RCF or QSC's.

You would probably be okay with the Carlsbro's if they were used with a bass bin or two.

You could always get them, use them for a bit then sell them on. that's what i would do.

But def get some bass bins in.

I run 2 12" tops and Bass bins from the Gamma Range.

Just my thoughts....