Dj's United

Requests Which You Are Unable To Obtain

I've had a family party booked for several months. The client phoned me tonight (6 days prior to the event) with her request list. About 6 were fairly obscure line dancing tracks. I have not heard of the artiste, although a couple I do have.

Told the client that I acould not be sure of obtaining the tracks at shortish notice and advised her to bring the 4 tracks on the evening, which she was happy with.

Was asked for 'City Life' by Feist. Still can't find that. Thought they got the song title wrong..

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

I have been asked for snow queen by elton john it was a B side apparently ..cant find it anywhere :(

just have to be honest ad say sorry no IMHO unless they can provide it

I thought I had a copy but its by Evanscence :(

Never heard of feist doing "city life " a few others tho

Indeed. A mystery..maybe..

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

I have an enormous library, but if I can't find the track requested I will let them know. I don't see anything wrong with this.

Surely no one expects you to have every song ever recorded......... :dan:

I've always managed to source everything requested.

If there was an obscure track that the B&G want that I could not find, I would explain to them the problem, I am sure that they would provide their original of it for the night.

Jim

if im familiar with the artist but having trouble getting the song

first stop is google, if it comes up on a google search, you know it exists. Often itll come up on a Lyric list with the real track name above it :)

Then i hit the online music download places

Worse come to worse, the person should have the song on their ipod or cd at home and are normally happy to bring it alone (providing they can see how much effort youve put into it)

A common theme is running through here. We all try our best but maybe due to the client getting the group or the song title wrong or simply because it's a very obscure track, we simply ask them to bring it along.

A common theme is running through here. We all try our best but maybe due to the client getting the group or the song title wrong or simply because it's a very obscure track, we simply ask them to bring it along.

Best to do that really if you cant find the tune. :Thumbup:

Well I turned up at a gig when I was DJing for mates bday parties and I got handed a bag of CDs and told to play everything off them!

At the last gig I did with Graham, some :cense: handed over a Hed Kandi CD and told us to play something off that.

Not track specific.

Between Graham and I (being a lover of dance music myself) found about 3 tracks we recognised and stuck one on to find out it's a 7 minute remix which mixes straight in to the next track.

Same thing happened with a drum and bass CD too...

However, we gained the Hed Kandi CD, as the punter disappeared without his CD... unlucky!

EDITED BY ADMIN TO REMOVE FOUL LANGUAGE

ive yet to be caught out.

did a gig last year for norfolk celtic supporters group and they brought along a cd full of the songs they sing at matches. sorted 1 hour of music i didnt have to look for.

Norfolk DJ !!!!! how you doing ???????

As you may know search engines (particularly Google) rank sites higher if they have other sites linking to them.