Dj's United

Fbtmaxx 6a Speakers Anybody Used Them?

FBTMaxX 6A Speakers has anyone used them to review?

Been looking @ the websites and they look impressive and 700w rms low and 200w rms high.

I like the low mid high eq on the back and the ground lift for mains hum features.

I know they are italian like my LEM system and look v similar on the back.

Just hope I dont have to reverse to load them tongue out icon

Cheers Paul

http://www.fbt.it/intranet/Inglese/pae/spe...xX-6A/index.asp

Edited by supersound dj

FBTMaxX 6A Speakers has anyone used them to review?

Been looking @ the websites and they look impressive and 700w rms low and 200w rms high.

I like the low mid high eq on the back and the ground lift for mains hum features.

I know they are italian like my LEM system and look v similar on the back.

Just hope I dont have to reverse to load them tongue out icon

Cheers Paul

Tony (DJU member Tonsk) uses FBT. Not sure which ones but they are 15". He took one to the EA DJ meet and I was blown away with the quality. It sounded fantastic.

Thats a tough one! given the choice I wouldn't know which to go for! I did look at getting some FBT's but wasn't blown away with the price. Being budget driven, I would probably go for Edds R.C.F.'s smile icon

I have never used them myself but worked with lots of bands and other live acts that use them. I have always thought they were very good, loads of power, decent bass and nice tight mids with a powerful top but not overly harsh...maybe a bit directional but not as bad as some. I worked with a Kylie tribute a few months ago and she was only about 6 stone ringing wet, she had some FBTs and I said I would put them on the stands for her but by time I got over to her she had done it herself and just smiled at me...they are amazing for such a lightweight speaker.

As far as active plastic 15s go I would be listening to those FBTs, DAS DA15A and the RCFs that have the new larger horn...forget the model number though.

I use a pair of Maxx 5a's, and love them, as you say theu have full EQ on the back of each speaker

Mobile Party DJ For Weddings Parties Corporate Events Covering London Essex Kent Sussex Surrey Bucckinghamshire Hertfordshire & Essex

On pure SPL i'm going for the RCFs I think. I want a bit more headroom without taking my sub. Saving right now. I've heard RCF setups before and they sound ok to my ears and the quality of some of the music I play will dilute it down a bit anyhow.

Mind you I did hear a band on Friday and I think they were EV Zx and they were hellishly loud at close range. Too loud for the venue certainly, which is why the pub cleared. When they do a sound check, why don't they check that most of the audience aren't going to get deafened in the first 5 minutes. Steadily increase the volume yes, but not blast it straight away ?!!?

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

Have a look at the new LD Systems active speakers theyre loaded with eminence drivers and sound really good.

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

I know of a local DJ that is running the FBT tops and the active 15" bin too and its a great little combination!!!

Really punchy, clear vocal and the power of them is really quite something too. The sub is slightly heavy to lift on its own..mainly due to its size, but the tops are superb.

Id opt for the FBT over the RCF anyway really