Dj's United

Tainted Love? 7" Or 12"?

Tainted Love  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tainted love, do you play the 7" or 12" version

for those who dont know the 12" its almost likes two songs put together when Marc Almond turns the song into Where did our love go (popularly performed by Diana Ross and the Supremes)

i played this at a 40th on Saturday and a gentleman, approx aged 50 came up to ask me what the song was as he hadnt heard it before and loved it!!

12" everytime. Although depended on what feels best, I will more often than not mix out as "Tainted Love" starts to break down (i.e. before "Where Did Our Love Go" starts) as can start to drag a bit.

But if the attmosphear is right I let it run on in to "Where Did Our Love Go". The 12" gives you the option. The 7" doesn't.

"Can we add 'Neither, I only recognise the Gloria Jones version' to the poll ?"

Hear Hear young man

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>KEEP THE FAITH</span>

M.U. Member

THE MOBILE DISCO IN NORFOLK.SUFFOLK,CAMBRIDGSHIRE AND THE UK

PLI YES £10,000,000

PAT TESTED YES

0845 46 DISCO / MOB 07703011164

www.firstchoiceentertainmentsuk.co.uk

EXCELLENCE IN ENTERTAINMENT SINCE 1965

OUALITY IS NOT EXSPENSIVE IT'S PRICELESS

I'm not a big fan of 12' inch versions mainly because I cater for the family older type punter, but I have played the extended version before, particularly at a 40th, and seems to go down well.

12" cos mines thicker than Niks and made of decent vynal tongue out icon

Also if you listen to the Sam Sparro cut up mix on DMC it goes into where did our love go @ the end,mixes nice.

Paul

Can we add 'Neither, I only recognise the Gloria Jones version' to the poll ? tongue out icon

shhhhhh we got Bolam boogie on here...we dont mention her. :fear: