Dj's United

Surprised with the latest Nokia deal.

Pay as you go phone - Nokia 5310 comes with a music download thingy.

You can download unlimited tracks. free.

The tracks "whatever you download is yours to keep"

I wonder if you can connect a phone to my mixer? Can this buy-pass some licencing laws?!!

Discuss!

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

I suspect that not many deejays will be playing music from their mobile phone to their mixer!. Unless of course you think that another contender will be entering the ring, and now the age old battle between Denon and pioneer will now become Denon vs Pioneer vs Nokia

Since most mobile phone music features and playback abilities are designed to be used in a domestic environment and aimed for personal use, I would reckon that the copyright authorites don't give that much of a hoot about it or where the files come from as the dubbing laws in relation to domestic users were all relaxed some time ago. Besides they are already too busy rolling out and patroling the pro-dub license to be out arresting joggers and 12 year olds for listening to music on their phones.

Although I would volunteer that the urchin on the packed bus with the noisy headphones or the music blaring out from their built in hands free phone speaker, if not already considered a noise nuisance, could quite easily be deemed as breaking public performance laws (which we are all equal under) and so should immediately be prosecuted.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'