Dj's United

I use BTOpenworld for my email.

Over the past month it has become unusable at times.

Sometimes it runs fine letting me load, search, compose, send and recieve mail in an instant, like it should do.

Unfortunately most of the time it takes ages to do anything, just loading one email can take 5 minutes.

It is nothing to do with my BB connection (10 meg). All other sites work fine.

Any time I try to phone BT you are on hold for half an hour and then they just say they will look into it or say they have no reported problems.

Do any of you use BT/Yahoo mail, and are you having problems?

Any suggested solutions? I want to stay with BT as I don't want to change my email addresses.

Jim

edit... Not sure if it is relevant but the server address is http://uk.mc867.mail.yahoo.com I don't think the link works unless you have an account though.

Edited by JimBoylan

It's the same on all PCs and laptops on my network, both wired and WiFi.

If I close the network down and try a PC wired direct to the modem it is still the same, also when I have been out and used other WiFi connections it is still the same :(

So that sort of rules out it being hardware or software at my end.

Jim

If it happens where ever you are, on any network, hen its a bt fault for sure :joe:

Id give them a call ( i know it takes time ) its not fare when you pay good money for a service and it dont work as it should................

i have a irect line to the bt chairmans office. it is his personal staff who deal with the complaints.

if you pm me i can give you the name and number of the girl in charge of bb customer complaints.

she is very nice and really helpful.

i wont post the number in forum tho, sorry.

i have a irect line to the bt chairmans office. it is his personal staff who deal with the complaints.

if you pm me i can give you the name and number of the girl in charge of bb customer complaints.

she is very nice and really helpful.

i wont post the number in forum tho, sorry.

Thanks for the offer :Thumbup:

I'm not a BT broadband customer though, I have Virgin BB.

It is BTOpenworld Mail that the problem is with.

Cheers though.

Jim

Edited by JimBoylan

I used to have the same problem with talktalk, after they got into bed with AoHell it was almost useless. The solution, I left as they were convinced there was no problem despite regular announcements saying it was closed for maintenance or upgrades.

Educating the young in the ways of the old

now that explains it!!

Its Virgins (come ntl come diamond) 's over zealous filters and uptime

a quick search on google tells u what to do.............. move isp's

I don't think it is.

From what I have read about the problems people have with Virgin, it is more to do with the emails being blocked.

Also the problem is there sometimes and not at others, for instance I have not had a problem yet today!!!

It is not only the emails themselfs but the BT page headers and adverts that are slow.

Just another quick point that I may not have explained clearly, any mail sent to me always arrives and always arrives virtually instantly, it is hte downloading/displaying of it that is slow.

Jim

Edited by JimBoylan