Dj's United

Do You Need The Licence

The PDL  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It amazes me the amount of times people stress that they do not need the PDL after they have set about slaging it off.... BTW I think it sucks, The licence that is.....

But how many on here are using format shifted material but still dont have the licence...

Please answer honestly as this will then give us all a good representation of how much of a hold this licence has got over our industry to date.

Nik,

It won't let me vote. I think it because I don't tick the top box.

I'll be honest, I have gone back to using CDs and downloads, but on a couple of occassions I have been unable to use my CDs so have used my MP3s.

On both occassions the managers knew nothing about the PDL and also said they wouldn't know what to check for nor would have the time. I did have my CDs with me on both occassions should there have been any red tape.

Jim

I think the top box needs another option Nik so we can choose 1 from each section.

Put me down in the uses HD2500 but refuses to buy Pro Dub section when it's fixed.

There is still a problem with the Poll - it needs another box in the "Have you got it?" section.

I suggest "No, I don't agree with it" (or something similar - there isn't a choice for those who should have it, but don't)

Jason

The mind boggles......

2 of us have voted so far, both chose the option that we don't have it, but A.N.Other chose they have it for format shifted music in the second section LOL

Jim

Should the last option on the first section be a simple "NO" rather than No i dont need it???

Poll still doesn't work if you have PDL and use format shifting there's no option in the 3rd section.

Educating the young in the ways of the old

Seems you need to tick a box in all 3 sections for the poll to work.

I have the licence and have yet to shift the full quota to which I'm entitled.

I would have preferred not to have had to spend the money but it's water under the bridge now.

I use both original CDs and format shifted material.

I may go to digital only in the future. There again I may not. I like having 4 decks to play with.

I don't have the licence and don't need it as I only use original CDs.

I was going to start buying contemporary music online and burn to CD, but the PDL is in such a mess I don't even know if this is permitted anymore so I'm not bothering.

I did transfer a load of vinyl onto CD-R some time ago in preparation for the possible introduction of a suitable licence to allow this to be done, but unfortunately one hasn't appeared...

I have all the music I need on original CDs, and in the case of the odd request I may get for a track not on CD, hard cheese I'm afraid - I'm sure most well-balanced members of the audience would get over the trauma.

I was going to start buying contemporary music online and burn to CD, but the PDL is in such a mess I don't even know if this is permitted anymore so I'm not bothering.

PPL website says it is (last time I looked anyway).

Very interesting results above guys....

We are a small community of DJs who on the whole I would say take our business very seriously indeed, being pro active on here helps to show that... There are thousands of DJs who dont belong to any forums or associations who have not even heard of the Pro Dub Licence, so imagine how much difference that would make to the above results

MCPS Darren - As the loan advert says "NOT LOOKING GOOD IS IT" lol

Nik

Nik - don't be so nasty to the nice ProDub man!

(who probably gets paid a lot more than we do.) :mcps:

To add:

Just looked at the code for the above smilie - someone's got a darned good sense of humour!

Nice one!! :D

Nik - don't be so nasty to the nice ProDub man!

(who probably gets paid a lot more than we do.) :mcps:

To add:

Just looked at the code for the above smilie - someone's got a darned good sense of humour!

Nice one!! :D

:mcps: oh yeah ha ha ha

And when I find a nice MCPS man I will say sorry.... Might be a long wait lol

Nik