Dj's United

I'd go with the first for the gallery, but you could still use the second one elsewhere on the site - but I'd reduce that by 50%. smile icon

I like the second one jim as i couldnt really be bothered to be "INTERACTIVE" with the first one by dragging the pages. can you not use the photo album as a design then just put an automatic slide show through it, then you have the best of both worlds.

WWW.HONKYTONKSULTIMATEDISCOS.COM

I like both, but Jim it depends what you want to do... The first one shows off your web design skills and looks very nice but the pictures are to small. The second one shows off the pictures much better and gives the viewer the chance to really see the image...

Could you not use the first one with the option to expand any picture by clicking on it?

Nik

#1 looks pretty, but is a pain to use. Once you've turned one page and seen the effect, you'll want to view the next page with a single click.

If there are options to allow easier navigation, it would be better.

#2 Is better, larger pictures, but it needs some kind of pause button. I'd also try to stick to one transition, they are a bit of a distraction.

If you're running without JavaScript, or a slightly older version of Flash, you are, as they say in the trade, buggered. tongue out icon

You really ought to have a 'noscript' option so then everyone can view the images.

OK, that aside, the fist site is pretty and all that, but the images are too small, and as I hadn't encountered this before it took me a measurable amount of time before I saw the little flap I had to drag. I may well not have bothered. And as already mentioned, it was becoming tedious having to input an action to see the next page.

I liked the second site better, although I'm not a fan of either sort of flash display. The images were a better size, and sequenced automatically which meant I was able to sit back and laugh at admire your photographs.

If I had to choose one of the examples, I'd go for the second option.

Both look "nice".

Don't take this wrong, but I always wonder, exactly what is the aim of putting pictures of random crowd shots on a website? The pictures do not show your talents. They show people. Any people. They could, in theory, be of any group of people at any function.

It's a bit like Ford putting a picture of The Lakes in it's advert and saying "this is what you could see from inside our cars", it has nothing at all to do with the quality of the car.

It's only my view, and I know loads of people do it, but I just don't see it adds anything at all to the main dimension you are trying to promote... YOU!!

Does this make sense to anyone...?? :shrug:

Both look "nice".

Don't take this wrong, but I always wonder, exactly what is the aim of putting pictures of random crowd shots on a website? The pictures do not show your talents. They show people. Any people. They could, in theory, be of any group of people at any function.

It's a bit like Ford putting a picture of The Lakes in it's advert and saying "this is what you could see from inside our cars", it has nothing at all to do with the quality of the car.

It's only my view, and I know loads of people do it, but I just don't see it adds anything at all to the main dimension you are trying to promote... YOU!!

Does this make sense to anyone...?? :shrug:

I know where your coming from, and agree to a certain extent.

However, it's a case of a picture paints a thousand words.

A picture of me standing there with a mic would show me working, but all the potential client will get from that is an idea of what I look like. A picture of a rig is useful as they get to see what the disco in the corner is going to look like. Pictures of people dancing suggest that you do in fact get people up and they enjoy themselves.

It is probably the most important part of the clients wishes that you do get people dancing and enjoying themselves to finish off their special day. I suppose I could just write on the site that I get people dancing, but a few pictures show it better.

I may put a few short video clips on sometime if I can get any of reasonable quality, as they would also be a reflection on guests having a good time. Unfortunately, the ones that I have on my phone or camera seem to be very poor quality, what I need to do is take a video camera with me.

Jim

I agree with Kingy on this.

There's no need for picture after picture of meaningless faces and bodies. Better to place a couple of well-chosen images on the main page, ideally showing dancers and some of your lighting.

Difficult one this, and I suppose you'd need to call on the services of a friend do take snaps throughout the night in the hope you cath a good one.

I wish I'd taken my camera last night...

I am putting together a gallery page for my website.

I have made 2 and would like your thoughts on which one to use.

They are :-

This one

Or this one.

What do you think?

Jim

Hi,

I like option two - but I do like like things easy !!

Glenn.

Glenn Knights.

Mirage Moblile Disco

Wickham Market

Suffolk.

www.miragemobiledisco.co.uk

Option 1 is too fiddly and I wonder if anyone could be interested long enough to flick through them all.

Option 2 is easier to use although the pics are a bit too big in my opinion.

Overall I think there are far too many and you would do well to pick out just the very best.

Pictures of people dancing suggest that you do in fact get people up and they enjoy themselves.

It is probably the most important part of the clients wishes that you do get people dancing and enjoying themselves to finish off their special day. I suppose Jim

I agree entirely - ask a client what's more important to them - a rig, a list of equipment or people enjoying themselves. I think a lot of DJs look at things from a DJ angle rather than a clients.

BTW I prefer option 2