Dj's United

Hi guys,

Remember me..? About 16 months ago I was offered an amazing job with the RNLI in Poole. This was most unexpected but I was over the moon. There was so much to learn that I had to drop djing. Indeed, one of my last posts on here was asking whether I should sell up or not.

Well, after a lot of soul-searching, head-scratching and biting of fingernails, I finally decided that I hated my job enough to pack it in. Don't ask why the job turned from amazing to awful in a few short months, this is a public forum, after all! So I need to thank those of you who convinced me to keep hold of my stuff...just in case!

I played my first gig since May last year on Saturday, and it went OK. I was absolutely shattered yesterday, and I'm still tired today. But the buzz is still there.

I leave the RNLI in December to start my own IT business in the new year. I fully expect the disco to provide the majority of my income for the next couple of years so I am well and truly back in the fold.

For those of you that don't know me, I used to live in Cheshire where I was the fussiest DJ in the world! Early last year I moved myself and the family down to the sunny south coast, Bournemouth, to start a new life for us all. Time, and money(!!), will decide if I'll remain a fussy DJ !!

So...what I have missed in the last 18 months?

[insert quirky comment]

Preferred it when you weren't here !

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Hi Ben,

Great to see you back but sorry the job didn't work out. Done much the same myself as far as self employment goes. Packed in my full time job to start up an IT business and do a bit of DJ'ing on the side. Hated the IT side so mainly concentrate on just DJ'ing now which I enjoy a lot more.

To be honest I found the IT side to be a lot more cut throat as far as pricing goes and it very much suffers the same as any other industry with people undercutting and charging "beer money" rates. That and the constant learning curve of having to keep up to date with changes in technology and software was all too much.

Erm' whats changed in DJ land? Have to think about that one :)

Rivalry - No

I'm 100 times better then him !

Your Big Event

Welcome back big guy.

Changes in the last 16 months.... let me see....... Well Nigel Wright left :bouncy:

Check out the DJ@ offer for PLI, there is also a new Wedding DJ Association (shamless plugs LOL)

Jim

Edited by JimBoylan

Kingy A suggestion

Throw a jammy dodger off beachy head Im sure he will run after it.

don't be so daft the only time he runs is when someone says it's his round. :bouncy:

anyway welcome back bigben

Pleasure ?

Your Big Event

Welcome back young ben !

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Ah, all those lovely comments make me feel all toasty to be back 'home'. Lots of messages from old friends - CS, Steve, Dukesy (do say hello to Mrs D from me!!!!!), Tony and Rich from NZ! Messages from new friends, too.

Then there's the message from a certain Torquay based DJ...

Had a bit of mooch around to see what's changed in almost two years and guess what..? Nothing! You're still discussing DJ licensing, Bose poles, LED effects and how to get rid of 'Arris!!!

On the positive side...I like the look of the DJ@ offer.

I'm still really busy trying to make sure I can leave my job with everything finished. As soon as I do, I'll be on here every day...just like old times! For those of you who haven't had the pleasure (hello Sandy!), I sit on the fence and play devil's advocate most of the time. However, I do have one very strict rule that I believe all DJ's, except Andy, should follow. Their DJ website must contain their picture. It's just my little thang!

A brief resumè:

I'm now based in Bournemouth following my move from Crewe last year.

I use top quality gear, badly. ;)

I cater for weddings mostly and more mature parties.

I am the fussiest DJ on earth - no stairs, no pubs, no teen parties, no 21st's, no sports do's.

I'm fast approaching 40, 6'4", blue-eyes and I have a huge one. Belly, that is.

I use CD's but I own OtsDJ.

I use less lights than most DJ's; sometimes only going out with one.

I'm tee-total, never smoked or even touched druggy wuggys.

I'm catholic and a trained accountant.

But I'm not boring. Honest. ;)

[insert quirky comment]

Don't ask why the job turned from amazing to awful in a few short months

Go on admit it, you got seasick didn't you

( or did you hit an iceberg?)

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Go on admit it, you got seasick didn't you <grin>

( or did you hit an iceberg?)

Ha ha ha

Welcome back Bigus Benus we all missed you :djuhi:

Nik (Yes still the forum pain in the Arris, oh no thats some one else lol)

My goodness Nik/UKHero, that hat makes you look so much younger!

[insert quirky comment]