Dj's United

Looking For A Decent Dj Program For Vista?

Without knowing what you want from the software I would suggest it is impossible to recommend any package.

I have licences for Numark Cue with video, Traktor, Mixmeister with video and Ots with video. they all have plus and minus points. If I had to nail my flag to one mast it would be Ots, so stable, reliable and user friendly. Downside to it - TIME, you need to spend a lot of time preparing and editing files, however, the end result is well worth the effort.

I once read about the evils of heavy drinking ................ so I've stopped reading

COPYWIGHT: Elmer Fudd 1956, All wights wesewved.

Without knowing what you want from the software I would suggest it is impossible to recommend any package.

I have licences for Numark Cue with video, Traktor, Mixmeister with video and Ots with video. they all have plus and minus points. If I had to nail my flag to one mast it would be Ots, so stable, reliable and user friendly. Downside to it - TIME, you need to spend a lot of time preparing and editing files, however, the end result is well worth the effort.

This is spot on , naming conventions and file set up are really important for a lot of software. I have used in the past Virtual DJ STUDIO 5.3 this is NOT Virtual DJ the reason i used it was the search on virtual dj studio looks at everything... the file name the id tag etc and just throws everything up so if you have been lazy and not bothered with a set way of doing things you can still find stuff. its not a great mixers piece of sofware just really a auto fader type affair but the search works on badly labelled collections.

many karaoke software packages need the tracks labelled in a certain way or convert them to there own format and during this conversion you often get the chance of re labelling them to suit the software..this can take ages i have set up two karaoke laptops for friends using the MTU hoster software and it took me a week of continuous work to put in there CDG collection of 600 odd discs.

to identify what you need

you need to list

the spec of the computer

the applications and functionality you require

The naming conventions of your files etc

your budget

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

hello

i have to say i like numark cue (virtual dj re packaged). i have used pcdj and traktor and found some useful facilities but its cue i use. there is enough to keep you smiling and they say its good with vista.....i use xp btw.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I Find that virtual dj 4.2 is the best, i use this every weekend and i never have a problem with it, the auto mix feature is quite handy too when you need the loo, or a ciggarette, also good for the video tracks as i use these virtual dj has plenty of effects for the video mixing too. Also works well for karaoke so you only need the one program to do all, making your laptop work faster.

I Find that virtual dj 4.2 is the best, i use this every weekend and i never have a problem with it, the auto mix feature is quite handy too when you need the loo, or a ciggarette, also good for the video tracks as i use these virtual dj has plenty of effects for the video mixing too. Also works well for karaoke so you only need the one program to do all, making your laptop work faster.

Yup I use VJ as well although it can be a pig if you use an external soundcard - it gets confused betwen cards and then gets miffed and won't talk to you.

Big question will be what on earth will work with Windows 7 tongue out icon

• 2 months later...

i use vdj 3.4..i did try the newer ones but dont like em..i dont use a laptop though...just got an antec 900 pc case wiith holdall...more to carry but i like reliability...plus i can use the headphones to listen to deck A whilst Deck B is playing with my soundcard!!!