Dj's United

Uv Cannon V Uv Strip Lights?

depends what type of UV effect you want? Did you want to do the whole room, part of the dancefloor? just the DJ booth?

the Strip lights only do a very short range, but rather effectively

the Par 36 are ok for doing a certain area which you point it at

UV cannons are awesome, 400w and will do an entire room, dont forget that they get VERY hot

check out the LEDJ LED UV Stratos, they do a UV version, you can even make it flash sound to light. It doesnt get hot, its a fraction of the side of the UV cannon yet throws out a fair am ount of UV (not quite as much as the cannon) Prices are approx £89-£99

I use 4foot tubes.

I found the cannons far to big and HOT!

I tried the suggested led UV above and was shocked at how poor it was.

With tubes it is best to get a reflector behind them.

I use a pair of 4' tubes when appropriate, and find this bathes a room suitable for 200 in a reasonable level of UV.

Remember - too high an intensity can cause dazzle and feel uncomfortable.

If Osram do UV Tubes, they would more-than-likely be better than the GE branded ones. (I'd check the specs out though if possible first).

I'm only going on the standard fluorescent tubes we have in our office (and the rest of the building. Mix of GE, Philips, Osram, Sylvannia, and maybe some others. For me: Osram > Philips > GE > Sylvania.

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

perhaps there was something wrong with your one? My two are very good and have made the UV Cannons redundant!

I actually tried two different ones, the Chauvet and I think the other was LEDJ.

Be careful with 400w UV cannons in small venues. they can cause arc eye in the same way that regular high power lights can. If you do use them, make sure they are up nice and high and not directly in peoples eyes

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

Not UV, I know, but I have just bought twop of the stratos floods....brilliant!! But the uv ones were a dissapointment. So i left them where they were....

• 10 months later...

resurrecting an old post .. but i have bought a cannon and at home i am well please with the effect it gives ..(will try in a venue soon) they are heavy and do get hot ... i have just noticed this new led uv from american DJ american dj UVLED BAR16

Product: UVLED BAR16

• Bright, high output Ultraviolet Bar with 16x 1-Watt UV LEDs

• Great for performance stages, theatrical productions and special effects installations - requires almost no maintenance - long life LED, low heat output, low power consumption & no moving parts

• Long Life LEDs (50,000 hrs.)

• Low power consumption, low heat

• 4 Operational Modes: Sound Active, DMX-512, Master/Slave or Manual

• 1 DMX Mode

• UV strobe effect

• Electronic Dimming: 0 - 100%

• Beam angle: 10 degrees vertical x 40 degrees horizontal linear beam angle - great for wall washing

• Linkable via 3-pin XLR cable

• 3-button LED DMX display on rear panel

• Dual bracket system allows fixture to be hung or set on the ground

• Power Draw: 30W

• On/Off switch on rear panel

• Locking IEC power plug

• Multi-voltage Operation: AC 100-240V, 47/63Hz

• Dimensions (LxWxH): 12.5” x 2.5” x 7”/ 320x61x175mm

• Weight: 5 lbs. /2.2 kgs.

now this might be what ive been looking for and i will be searching these out when they hit our shores.The main thing i like is they are dimmable via dmx ..they say they are bright so could be very good as a wash effect.

apparently they are going to be at the BPM show ..im not going but if anyone is and who sees them can you give me the heads up on these..cheers

Edited by Robster
Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

i now own 5 of the LEDJ stratos UV effects, still very happy with them, a local club has them all on long term rental and it looks fantastic in there!

one thing ive discovered though, dont believe the 50,000 hour led lamp life, whilst this is true, they lose their UV effect long before this, more like a few thousand hours rather than 50,000!

I just fitted a 4' tube light ot my front of rig, works great for lighting up peoples teeth etc! as you say short range, transport is hardest part not breaking the tube!

Edited by Swingcats

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757