Dj's United

Hi,

I have quite a few of these, which are really easy to use with a CA-8 or their own controller, but I want to set some of them up on one colour in stand alone mode, without connecting via DMX etc

is this possible

Mobile Party DJ For Weddings Parties Corporate Events Covering London Essex Kent Sussex Surrey Bucckinghamshire Hertfordshire & Essex

I've just looked at the manual on their website.

It looks as though the only stand alone setting is for sound to light.

With DMX though, you should be able to plug a controller into each fixture, set the colour and unplug the controller. As long as power isn't removed from the light it will remain on the colour you programmed it to.

Jim

If my par cans are set away from the rig and trailing cables is going to be a pain, i set each one using my laptop. I use freestyler and it takes only a few seconds to run to each par, plug the dongle in, take it out and its set for the night. The advantage to this is that it can be set to any shade of the colour spectrum.

Sandy

Blonde dizzy and no longer available

If my par cans are set away from the rig and trailing cables is going to be a pain, i set each one using my laptop. I use freestyler and it takes only a few seconds to run to each par, plug the dongle in, take it out and its set for the night. The advantage to this is that it can be set to any shade of the colour spectrum.

Wow I did not know you could do thisa thanks for the tip

Nik

Wow I did not know you could do thisa thanks for the tip

Nik

I'd be a little worried about doing this. DMX has no error detection or correction and relies on the fact that any errors are hopefully corrected by a new value fairly quickly.

There is a risk that when you tug the DMX cable out the fixture receives a rouge value.

Not a big issue with LED Pars (you'll simply have to resend the data), but worth bearing in mind.

I'd be a little worried about doing this. DMX has no error detection or correction and relies on the fact that any errors are hopefully corrected by a new value fairly quickly.

There is a risk that when you tug the DMX cable out the fixture receives a rouge value.

Not a big issue with LED Pars (you'll simply have to resend the data), but worth bearing in mind.

must admit....I've never had a problem with this...or heard of anyone else have a problem.......would be interesting to see if anyone has

Sandy

Blonde dizzy and no longer available