Dj's United

Can understand time factor vs cost, but I'll have to try when I need to call a trader or company - "Can I have a cheaper price with less tools used?!" :Thumbup:

Can understand time factor vs cost, but I'll have to try when I need to call a trader or company - "Can I have a cheaper price with less tools used?!" :Thumbup:

He he he yes!

The plumber comes in with his box of tools does a job then you go through his tools did you use that one, erm no oh great reduced charge then lease lol....

Mind you analogies to be fair are never 100% reliable and I am sure there will be someone with one for the opposite argument lol

Nik

Hmmmm

A number of times I have been asked.....

"Do you provide the disco lighting and everything?"

The question allways baffles me a bit becasue I can never quite understand why they are asking if I provide it.

Would the question not be better worded "WHAT disco lighting do you provide".

I received the question a couple of weeks ago off a potential customer.

So I repplied explained exactly what I provide, but as the booking is not till late next year I also explained like Nik did that we are constantly updating our equipment and it might change.

I also included a couple of photos on the email of setup options and some as I call them "good time" photos where I have pics of full dancefloors and my setup in the background of said photos.

The repply that came back was as follows.

Hi Nick

Thank you for forwarding on the photos.. looked like everyone was enjpying themselves!!!

Your disco looks really neat and tidy and is exactly what we are looking for.

What deposit do you need? And if I pay by cheque where shall and I send it and to whom shall I make it payable?

Just a query I have, my partner and I have very different tastes when it comes to music!!! If there are certain songs we would like you to play (or not play in my partners case!!) is this ok.. we are making a list at the moment of our favourite tracks.. is this ok??

Thanks

Lucy

As regards the music, well obviously I repplied saying of course it was ok to choose your music, its your wedding day your choice etc.

I have spoken to the bride on the telephone too, and one of the reasons she has now booked me was because Im allowing them to choose the music, she told me that two other discos she asked the same question too told them that they were not allowed to make any requests........which I find astonishing!!!

But to be honest my competitors loss as they wont take music requests is my gain as I got the booking LOL