Dj's United

Hd Controller Upgrades

Would be interested in your opinions on the dds 80 as was looking to get one. Mainly is the screen readable ok

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

Hi Alan,

the screen is very good. Not sure of the resolution, but pretty high (and from the photos, higher than the Denon) and obviously the touch of colour helps the UI.

This should show what is visible in my current "crate"

post-7207-1230721492_thumb.jpg

Downsides for me:

1. adding new music is a pain. Essentially the drive-bay is a simple USB Hub+2 Drives, so you plug into the PC.

This isn't easy when its all in a flightcase, as the drive-bay is fairly deep - zero chance of plugging a USB cable without pulling the kit out.

I guess if you used a 5U case with good rear access it will be fine - but its a pain on my Swan 352.

My solution is to use a USB extension which then plugs into the cable from the controller.

I would have liked to have seen a USB "B" connector on the controller, with some means of directly communicating with the drive.

2. No audio effects (not a big problem for me, but worth mentioning).

Pluses:

1. Easy to use. The supplied keyboard allows free text searching for tracks (titles and artists are searched)

2. I can use most USB storage. Things like my Smartphone and even a digital camera work fine! Obviously the normal USB thumb sticks are fine, as are external USB HDD's.

Edited by vokf