Dj's United

Denon Cd Drawer Repair

Just wondering where you can get your hands on a replacement gear unit for the denon Cd player Drawer - I was told by a mate that when your cd drawer becomes sticky (Worn gears) There is a replacement unit that can be fitted ?

Thanks

Tec

Denon and spares are not two words that fit together easily.

Try a google search for Charles Hyde & son, I think they are in the Leeds area, they stock their spares. But you may need to have luck on your side!!

There's no 'kit' as such as far as I know, you simply order the appropriate gear wheels seperately and fit them in. If you don't know the part numbers, you'll need the exploded parts view which is in the appropriate service manual. Dont expect Charles Hyde and Sons (UK Denon spares) to tell you what you need to fix your unit..they're a parts distributor. They're in York btw.

Which model Denon is it..I may have the p.nos here or Denon UK may email it to you. Most Denon drawer mechs are similar and contain around 3-5 wheels that can shred their teeth making the drawer stick or sluggish. Dont squirt them with anything..you'll make the drive belt slip. You have to strip the mech right down to replace the gears, you'll need an antistatic strap when working around the circuit boards.

If the drawer has been knocked, it often snaps off the actual pinions which the wheels rotate upon. You can then either write off the whole drive mechanism (expensive) or use a little creativity to replace the pinions with new ones.