Dj's United

Why I'm Putting My Prices Up For 2009

TOPIC MOVED

i made a shocking discovery the other day. My favourite lipstick is now £9. Bearing in mind that every time i walk out to a gig i have to use a quantity of perfume, lipstick, foundation, mascara, eyeshadow and hairspray, these all need to be costed into my pricing policy

Sandy

Blonde dizzy and no longer available

Girl's and their makeup eh?

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

This is quite serious , i use deodorant, after shave , air gel \wax, whitening toothpaste mouth wash ,two shirts a night etc etc these things do add up i bathe thoroughly for every performance and with current gas prices these are not insignificant costs , every thing has gone up in costs and this will be reflected in my charges fortunately i have been too cheap so i have room to go i feel i am under charging anyway so i will see how it goes next year

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

This is quite serious

This is one of the main reasons I've stopped using them - more profit :rolleyes:

Don't do your wicked rendition of bad girls anymore? :karen: :D

i made a shocking discovery the other day. My favourite lipstick is now £9. Bearing in mind that every time i walk out to a gig i have to use a quantity of perfume, lipstick, foundation, mascara, eyeshadow and hairspray, these all need to be costed into my pricing policy

"I hear that Polyfilla is soooooo much cheaper" :xmas: :tree: :bouncy:

• 4 weeks later...

well i have just this second sent an email to one of my residencies saying i am putting my prices up... and i will inform you what there reaction is :fear:

I may now have lost work on one day but to be honest i am not too scared as i feel i am too inexpensive so we will see what happens. its not a little increase its a £50 increase so i am honestly not sure if they will accept it in these credit crunch times

i will keep you guys informed if any one is interested

(its not due to extra toilet paper or personal hygiene products by the way lol)

Edited by Robster
Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421

Well i assessed my income to outgoings and i have added an increase of 15% for 2009

i am not the cheapest dj in my area by far but i feel the quality of my show is justified and it has not affected my bookings infact my bookings have increased by 30% and the clients are not repeats

so here is to 2009 and the continued growth of my business

p.s. i dont wear lipstick :joe:

I may now have lost work on one day but to be honest i am not too scared as i feel i am too inexpensive so we will see what happens. its not a little increase its a £50 increase so i am honestly not sure if they will accept it in these credit crunch times

I am assuming it will be little or no trouble for you to replace this residency with another *if* the landlord doesn't accept your price increase, but out of pure interest Rob, what if it comes down to accepting this residency at last year's tariff or losing a night's work altogether? Would you relent for the sake of an extra night's income or stick to your principles even if it sees you out of work for that night?

JB's MUSIC MACHINE

Mobile Party & Function DJ covering the South & South-West area

Tel: 07904 265620 or visit www.jbmusicmachine.co.uk

I am assuming it will be little or no trouble for you to replace this residency with another *if* the landlord doesn't accept your price increase, but out of pure interest Rob, what if it comes down to accepting this residency at last year's tariff or losing a night's work altogether? Would you relent for the sake of an extra night's income or stick to your principles even if it sees you out of work for that night?

i have made the decision based on that if they say no i will walk away. It will hit my pocket and will be a little strain for a small time but i am confident now in my abilities and the demand (i wasn't 8 months ago when i turned full time)

its always awkward putting things up but sometimes it has to happen i worked in retail for 15 years and price increases and decreases are part and parcel of the industry but this is the first time i have done this in DJing

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421

Fair play to you for being so forward thinking, Rob. I must admit I would find the prospect of making the split very daunting even in the knowledge that I was doing the right thing for the long term. I dare say there will be a fair share of DJs queueing up to fill your shoes for less money as well.

I really hope the landlord agrees wth your valuation as it will show us all that there is hope out there yet.

JB's MUSIC MACHINE

Mobile Party & Function DJ covering the South & South-West area

Tel: 07904 265620 or visit www.jbmusicmachine.co.uk