Dj's United

Seda Shownight Sunday 18th Jan 2009

Hi all,

The first ShowNight of 2009 is looking to be another great night!!!!!

SEDA ShowNights are Bi-Monthly physical meetings primarily for members but also open to visitors (at no charge), offering the opportunity to see new kit, meet and network with colleagues, suppliers and other related businesses and individuals and also generally discuss our industry.

All are very welcome, so if you've ever wondered what goes on please feel free to come along. Also if you came along a few years ago and weren't too keen, come and see us again, things change.

This ShowNight we celebrate SEDA’s 35th year!!!

We look forward to continuing the success of bringing new product, industry news, business education, new music, etc to our membership and the wider DJ community and continuing our relationships with manufacturers, DJ associations, Online DJ Forums, and other industry and business associates.

ShowNight features:

THE LAUNCH!!! – The big surprise - come and find out what it’s about. .

Allen & Heath – A first visit to SEDA ShowNights.

ProLight – Bringing a selection of their vast product line including some very hot new products.

Denon – With our expert Gary Job on hand to answer any questions and show you how to get the best out of your kit.

Allied Sound and Light – Our featured Retailer – Promising great kit at great prices and some extra special one-offs

GloSticks UK - Fun glo products at fantastic prices – Time to replenish your stock.

SEDAshop – for all of your basic needs (and including SEDA Contract Pads (Members Only).

Nelly B’s Promo Corner – Hot Promos - Bringing you future hits and top tunes.

The Essential Selection – Giving you advice and a get out when faced with requests that are form a genre you don’t know well and are outside of your comfort zone.

Bring and Buy Table – A great chance to clear out all your “junk” make some money on it and take home someone else’s “junk”

We will, of course, be holding the legendary SEDA raffle with half the raffle funds raised given as first prize the other half going to RNID.

STOP PRESS – Our friends at ProLight have promised to add a something very nice to the raffle, another reason for coming (as if you needed one)

Please come along if you can, and remember to bring some business cards as the ShowNights are excellent networking opportunities.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you there,

Paul Forsyth

SEDA - Vice Chairman / Events

Details of the ShowNight

Date Sunday 18th January 2009

Times Doors open 19.30

Finish 22.30 - 23.00

Venue The Village Hotel

Castle View, Forstal Road, Sandling, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 3AQ. Just off the M20 J6.

DO NOT USE THE ABOVE POSTCODE FOR SAT NAV - IT WILL TAKE YOU MILES AWAY!!!

Satellite Navigation:

For programming satellite navigations systems please use postcode ME14 3AS.

I think that covers most of it.

If there's anything else you need to know, please give me a shout.

R.O.A.R.

Unfortunately we do (very rarely) get serial visitors who claim they see no value in joining but would like to attend the ShowNights. We feel that the ShowNights are one of our members favourite benefits and therefore as a general rule would expect someone that wanted to attend on a regular basis to join the association.(As a guide we would not expect a visitor to attend more than 2 ShowNights in any 12 month period)

Paul Forsyth

The DJ formally known as Vinnie

Sounds great

Not sure - I guess NADJ possibly will have something going on - might be worth checking their website out.

Unfortunately we are a regional association. That said we do have a new member based in Leeds, although I don't think he'll be getting to many ShowNights lol.

Cheers,

Paul Forsyth

The DJ formally known as Vinnie

I've moved now, but when I was based in the South East, it was worth every penny of the subscription money to attend a SEDA show night. Lots going on, and then some. smile icon

Sounds great

We used to, it was called 'DJ Show North'

It ran for a few years, but dwindling attendance plagued it in the later couple of years. 2008 saw it open its doors for the final time, and this was the last one I believe.

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21621

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Plasa in Leeds is a new venture, which is being held for the first time in 2009 I believe.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk