Dj's United

A) Solution To The Italian Job - Save The Gold Off The Coach

A) Solution to the Italian Job - Save The Gold off The Coach...or is it?

According to news reports....

And the winning solution is…

John Godwin from Surrey, had a more practical solution involving a three-stage process.

First, the coach needed to be stabilised. This involved smashing out the windows on the part of the coach overlooking the drop and smashing them inward at the front end to improve the weight ratio slightly.

One of the bullion raiders is then lowered outside and deflates the wheels to stop the coach from from rocking.

Second, its weight distribution needs to be changed, particularly over the rear of the coach which is overlooking the drop. This involves emptying the fuel tank which John Godwin discovered was at the rear of the coach. This, he estimated, would contain 140kg of fuel.

Third, he would allow a member of the team to leave the coach and bring rocks in to the front of the vehicle to ensure it was stable and the gold could be removed.

"There're several sheets of maths here," said John Godwin.

"It was a good long day with a calculator. It's more than 20 years since I saw the film - I remember thinking there must be some way of getting that gold off the bus.

Good answer..or is there something he's missed? smile icon

If I said that I was once talking to michael Caine about this you wouldn't believe me would you....but there was going to be an Italian Job 2, or as they called them back then, a sequel, and it was going to start in the bus.

The way they got out is a secret still, just in case they want to re-make it.

So mum's the word.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

The 2nd italian job story line was fully written shame it was never made. The story line was the italian mafia turned up and pulled the coach off the cliff and took the gold back. then the story line was how they were going to pinch it back off the mob.

would have been great to watch!

The 2nd italian job story line was fully written shame it was never made. The story line was the italian mafia turned up and pulled the coach off the cliff and took the gold back. then the story line was how they were going to pinch it back off the mob.

would have been great to watch!

Would have been a good sequel.

My solution: The gold being at the back of the coach, we need a suitable heavy weight at the front. We call in International Rescue! Those guys have some serious stuff there and they would sort this all out.

Otherwise, we use Harris up front of the bus as ballast whilst we all get the gold out. On leaving the coach with the last bar Dukesy & I utilise some very strong bungy cords, which we have secretly passed behind Harris whilst he was distracted drooling over the gold bars he could add to his massive collection, to catapult him down the bus.

The bus goes over, destroying the evidence, taking misery number one with it and we have a van full of gold and no more Harris!!

Cue Hot Chocolate - "Everyones a winner".......

Please send royalties to this ........ :cow:

Otherwise, we use Harris up front of the bus as ballast whilst we all get the gold out.

mine is simialr but with harris at the back of the coach with the gold,then we all jump off the front, the coach falls over the edge and we never see the gold or harris again,aint that worth losing all the gold for :bouncy:

Edited by andyw