Dj's United

Peavey Pv 1500

Hi,

Just started again as a mobile dj, after a very long break.

I have just bought a pv1500 amp, along with the pro 15 tops and subs.

I know the pv2600 would have been a better choice, but it was a bit to expensive for me at the moment.

I want to run the four speakers from the amp but I am not to sure as to the best way to connect this up.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

Thanks,

This may be a stupid question, but do I need to activate the crossover switch on the rear of the amp.

Because at the moment I have speakon leads from channel A and B of the amp going to the subs in, and then jack leads connecting up to the tops, but I am not getting any sound.

Also, again this may be a stupid question, but will the sound be stereo or mono.

Thanks

Tony

i have the pro 12" tops and matching bins they have a built in crossover would guess yours is the same.

you should have a stereo output,if you are getting no sound then there seems tobe a problem somewhere,check all your connections from your playout device through your mixer and to the amp.

when you turn the amp on is there 2 green lights on and when you play music do the yellow signal lights flash

Edited by andyw
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, your set up is all fine and your cabs will all be running at 4ohms

But for a lot better sound and safer running on amp, I would run one PV1500 on the bins and another one on the tops, then use the crossover swith in amp which will crossover at 150hz and sound great.

I have similar system 2 x PV2600 Amps, Peavey UL15 tops and Peavey UL 18 bins, one amp on each pair of cabs, sounds great!

Also one more tip, what I do is crossover Bins thru built in swith in amp, but run top cabs at full range, twice as much bass that way, very rich bass sound.

Goochie

as for running the tops full range, you wont get twice as much bass, but you will get a boost. However this is at a sacrifice of volume. If you were to run the top cabs Mid/High only (using the low cut) then youll get a huge boost in volume which is great in conjunction with the bass cabs