Dj's United

The Recession Is Over For The Wedding Industry!

Well it seems to be official, at least according to the Telegraph. Who state that 2009 is likely to be one of the busiest years for Weddings. No recession for us, then? or anybody else in the Wedding industry.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/finance...-rate-rise.html

At one venue in Poole, Compton Acres gardens, bookings are up 70 per cent compared with last year

So this would suggest that for every additional Wedding there is the possibility of an additional booking for us. Anybody here from Poole or who covers Poole who is seeing this increase?.

Anybody else in other areas seeing any significant increase in bookings for this year?.

"The popularity of midweek weddings certainly suggests an emerging trend."

Anybody getting lots of midweek bookings?

Meanwhile, a survey by the wedding planner website, Hitched, of wedding dates found that the most popular wedding date this year is August 1, on which 561 of its clients are already due to wed

Could this be shaping up to be the busiest date for us?, vote now!

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23207

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Actually over last year and this one, I've most definitley seen an increase in Sunday and Weeknight Weddings. I also predict some couples will be saving the expense of booking bands and going for DJs instead, which should be good for us!

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

At one venue in Poole, Compton Acres gardens, bookings are up 70 per cent compared with last year

Compton Acres is within very close proximity of the ultra-affluent area of Sandbanks, one of the richest areas of Europe, let alone the country. If anywhere is going to be recession-proof, then this area is. I've recently spent a little time in Poole and having toured Sandbanks, I can verify that there are is a distinct lack of Pubs / Clubs / venues in the Sandbanks area, so it only seems common sense that the few venues which are in the area are capturing a lot of work.

To put it mildly, I wouldn't mind being a Wedding DJ in the area $$$$$.

JB's MUSIC MACHINE

Mobile Party & Function DJ covering the South & South-West area

Tel: 07904 265620 or visit www.jbmusicmachine.co.uk

I did 50 quotes in January, mostly for 2009

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Other side of the world and all that but trend here is similar.

But one of the nicer venues where I get a lot of work through were in a bridal show this week and there qualified leads were up from 87 in 2008 to 170 2009. That is people who stopped by chatted filled in info took packs and promised to come in for a walk through of venue.

All good news as all my details were in those packs.

All good news as all my details were in those packs

And what about your 'competitors' details?, were any of those in there too?.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

And what about your 'competitors' details?, were any of those in there too?.

No just mine.

Chipped in $200 for there booth at show.

My number one venue for referrals

And as of this year the only DJ they refer.

Get on well with function manager and likes the starcloth set up (doesn't make me a better dj)

but no one else has one.

I would say the investment in the s&h booth was the best of last year for referrals