Dj's United

Responce To An E-mail Booking?

hi all

i have just had my first booking come in by e-mail, it is for a wedding on the 17th of oct.

i am looking for advice oh how to word the response, i plan on sending out a contract with in the next few day and requesting a £50 deposit.

if anyone has examples that they could send me, that would be most helpful.

regards mark

Hi Mark,

I assume you've had some discussion over their requirements, and spoken over the phone?

I'd advise reading up on what a deposit means. I assume you want to keep this £50 if they decide to cancel?

I would simply send the contract, my booking form (completed with the information provided to date), and a letter detailing the quote (that you've provided via email/phone), and requesting the booking fee/deposit and them to ammend my booking form.

I'd also suggest enclosing a SAE, so they can just pop a cheque and signed contract & booking form back to you with no hassle.

When this is returned, and the cheque has cleared, you can then confirm the booking in writing. This time, outlining the date/venue/times (the basics of the booking)

You may wish to do this via email, but its better to send something by post.

Jason

I don't have a set reply. It depends what the email from the client says but basically I thank them for confirming the booking and mention that the booking agreement will be in the post to them.

What I send is a covering letting, two copies of the agreement signed by myself and they have to sign and return one, terms and conditions, invoice for the deposit and a stamped addressed envelope.

When it is returned I email them to acknowledge receipt of the payment and send them log in details for the online planner.

hi mark

firstly welcome to the forum.

i read it as your first booking or do you mean the first booking you've recieved via email.if it's your first ever booking i would think carefully before excepting/quoting on it. a wedding is not the sort of gig to do for a first event. cut your teeth on birthdays and anniversaries first.

if it's your first via email then email them back with your terms and conditions and then send them a contract in the post to sign and return with the deposit then arrange a visit to discuss the event make sure you quote the hours venue and price and most important how and when you want paying

Edited by andyw