Dj's United

Echo Indigo Dj Sound Card Review

Ok i know its old & probably released about a year and a half ago but im going to let you guys know how it works as a sound card in addition to a behringer bcd 3000 midi controller using traktor 3 le.

I did buy a numark omni control to replace the behringer as a all in one solution but the omni controller would not install the midi / traktor wouldnt recognise it so.. this is my solution for now. Could be useful info for any frustrated bcd 3000 owners.

The card will be arriving tomorrow so ill let you know once is here and setup.

whats the point in this post? Well im at work and a bit bored so thought id save myself a bit of hassle and write this first!

All Anthems Disco - Mobile Disco / DJ Hire - Cornwall

• 1 month later...

wasup people,

so i have had the chance to have a play about with this sound card and here are my findings:

Its simple to install

It is auto configured in Traktor LE (i aint posh enough to own pro ... yet!)

The headphone output is loud n clear no doubt...

The virtual output feature has not worked for me.. Tried to run a seperate mp3 player using the virtual channels but it would not work!!

It has not crashed yet... Im using it alongside a bcd 3000 which is only being used as a midi controller as i read that its the soundcard feature of the bcd3000 which causes it to crash when used normally as an all in one solution

The card is now a discontinued product... WHY??

So far probably only 8 10 hrs use only about 5 of which was a gig so i will be using it again next sat for a gig. Ill add any extra info/updates when it becomes appropriate.

in terms of build quality, it does fwl a bit flimsy and if the laptop was even heavily nudged sideways on, the card could be potentially damaged..

Forgive me for being so slow getting this done but doing a review when its the quietest time of the year is not a good idea ..

Thanks 4 loookin & anything i missed pls add it.

Thanks for sharing! :D

How much is the set-up?

hi dukesy its not widely availible new but retails for £120 DV247 stock it i think but used ones are on ebay for about 80-100 squids!

Forgot to mention its got top quality Digital to analouge converters but through a pair of headphones i cant decifer the difference! (Although other reviewers say its very good quality)

Next review will be the Numark NS7 but im gonna need more bookings before that happens!!!

For gigs, why not have a look at the audio interfaces here

Check out the Edirol kit.

UKHero uses a dedicated sound card - very good.