Dj's United

Were You The 'ghost' Disco?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/22/article-1048042-0261184900000578-985_468x426.jpg

Full story:- http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1594170.ece

Was the DJ in the background anybody here?

Personally, I think the 'ghost' is a reflection of the light off a polished floor, or the fact that the DJ was using background smoke or haze, but it would be interesting to find out who got their 15 seconds of fame.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Anyone else think it looks like Marc Bolan? I'm just up the road from that venue, but it wasn't me I'm afraid.

Edited by Danno13

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

It is just a trick of the light and camera. Look at any patern for long enough and you will start to make a shape out of it be it an animal or a face etc. try it with clouds it passes the time lol.

I would say that the light in the back ground the smoke and the camera lens and our ability to see more than is there all contribute to this image... But a great image it is all the same...

Nik

its very local to me

during the floods, which tewkesbury was pretty much underwater for, 2 of the staff at the club died from carbon monoxide poisoning (from a generator, running a water pump)

perhaps they are still around?

i think theres only one dj in tewkesbury with moving heads, im trying to identify the other equipment to see if i can confirm who it is. Its probably not the DJ who i think it is as they have 4 moving heads which they use on every gig (if im correct) but this is back in May, so its possibly before they got the 2nd two, if i see them around, ill ask them!

its very local to me

during the floods, which tewkesbury was pretty much underwater for, 2 of the staff at the club died from carbon monoxide poisoning (from a generator, running a water pump)

perhaps they are still around?

Wasn't that incident later than May? I can't remember.

Oh I don't know...looks to me like Tony James or Johnny Thunders.....

And if my memory serves me right....isn't JT dead? I don't think TJ is, but I could be wrong.

To many of the younger participants...they were members of a (short-lived) band called Sigue Sigue Sputnik which became known in the late 80s, and who came together from a variety of bands on both sides of the pond!

Question is...did SSS ever play the venue???????

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!